July 01, 2007

Top Albums of 2007...So Far...


Welp we're half way thru 2007 & have made little to no progress as far
as whole albums is concerned...yes its sad but lets pray for a plentiful
2nd half!

Top 5 Albums of 2007...So Far...

1. Young Buck - Buck The World
Its a sad day in hip-hop when the best album of the year so far its over a 4/5 but that is the case here. This is the only album I've bought this
whole year becuz it is tight but just not as good as his debut. 3.75/5

2. Fabolous - From Nothin To Somethin
Fab obviously isn't goin to get any better but at least this album is
better than the trainwreck that was 2004's "Real Talk." 3.5/5

3. Rich Boy - Rich Boy
He shoulda named the album "Polow Da Don" becuz without Polow's
involvement this would have been another ringtone rapper flop...no wait
it was another ringtone rapper flop! Unfortunately for Rich Boy he
actually had other good & a few borderline great songs besides "Throw
Some D's." Still give most of the credit to Polow's production which
this album's saving grace. 3.5/5

4. T-Pain - Epiphany
Honestly, I don't even know if this album was tight or not I just know
after listening to R. Kelly's album it couldn't have gotten any worse
lol. 3.5/5

5. Redman - Red Gone Wild: Thee Album
Reg was a little rusty but his album was still good enuff to make this
list. 3.5/5

Worst 5 Albums of 2007...So Far...



1. Shop Boyz - Rockstar Mentality
Well, well, well what can I say about this album that hasn't already
been said about Lindsay Lohan's pussy...I'll let yall finish that joke.
0/5

2. Pretty Ricky - Late Night Special
Just look at them...only one even has any talent, the others just jump
around like fools & scream on the records. 1.5/5

3. Baby Boy Da Prince - Across The Water
Didn't even need to listen to this one. 1.5/5

4. DJ Khaled - We The Best
No nigga "we" aint the best (or at least the "we" you assembled) so stop
sayin that! Man I done came up half my life listenin to Khaled on 99Jamz
& love his shit to def but this album really wasn't good...at all. I
hate to say so but I kinda saw this comin when the person who had the
best song on his last album (Kanye West) didn't show up this time.
Basically the only song worth listening to is the one with Beanie Sigel
murderin shit on a sick ass track...thaz pretty much it...& don't ask me
how they fucked up a song with Jadakiss, Trick Daddy, & The Game. 2.5/5

5. Huey - Notebook Paper
Huey went the ringtone rapper route but I had some hope for him seeing
that his lyrics weren't as terrible as others (i.e. Shop Boyz, Pretty
Ricky, etc.) but that was to no avail becuz we got the same result.
2.5/5

Dishonorable Mentions

R. Kelly - Double Up
Damn R-ruh! This shit was bad...I mean real bad BUT fortunately for him
at least 5 others did worse. There were a few good songs, but damn its
like he lost his idenity becuz there is hardly any slow jams on here,
just an abundance of ignorant songs (some of which he doesn't even
bother rhyming on). It really seems like instead of other young R&B cats
learning from him, he's tryin to learn from them...R. Kelly's ass is
trippin! 3/5

USDA - Cold Summer
I was expectin more from this album after hearin the song "Corporate
Thuggin" (well Jeezy's verse at least) & The Inspiration but nope it was
WACK! Back to the drawing board...or should I say "101." 3/5

Sa-Ra - The Hollywood Recordings
I don't even know what to say about this...I truly didn't know what was
goin on which is why I turned it off & deleted it...hopefully their
G.O.O.D. Music debut will actully have good music on it. N/A...I still
confused lol.


Top 5 Mixtapes of 2007...So Far...



1. The Game - Youknowhatitis Vol. 4
Of course Game wasn't gonna disappoint but damn he might out did himself
on this one! 4.75/5

2. Kanye West - Can't Tell Me Nothin
Pure genius! You really can't tell him nothin if he's gon keep puttin
out classic material. Can't wait til "Graduation" drops! 4.5/5

3. Tru Life - Tru York
I knew Tru was nice but he just solidified it becuz dude was spittin!
4.25/5

4. Styles P. - The Ghost Sessions
SP does it again! This was pure mixtape murder in the 1st degree.
4.25/5

5. Jadakiss - The Come Up
I can't decide what I liked more the mixtape or the DVD lol. 4/5

Honorable Mention

Trey Songz - The Ladies Choice
Trey needs to be respected becuz he embodies talent most R&B dudes could only dream to obtain...he's not a bad rapper either. But really though, what other R&B cats is droppin mixtapes?? 4/5

Worst Mixtapes of 2007...So Far...



Lil Wayne - Da Drought 3
If you like hearing rhymes about fuckin hoes, poppin pills, jewelry, and
allegedly being a Blood that make little, to no sense then Lil Wayne is
your man & Da Drought 3 is your mixtape! This shit was extremely bad!
Jam packed with wack one liners that will be sure to send the average
D.R.A. (Dick Riders of America) thru the roof in anticipation for Tha
Carter 3. There was one decent song on here (Promise)...wasn't really an
original idea considering I wrote the same shit while the song was still
out...oh well he beat me to recording somethin once again lol. 1.5/5

Lil Wayne - Tha Carter 3 Sessions
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, DUN D-DUN! ...the "best
rapper alive" decides to "bless" us with songs from Tha Carter 3! I'll
try to keep this brief, but if he uses ANY of these songs on his album
he should consider suicide....yeah it was THAT bad! Before he releases
the real version he better go find Mannie Fresh & suck his dick for some
beats (we all know he's not opposed to homosexuality lol) becuz the
production is terrible, especially from someone that is "rich." Then
there's the lyrics...oh my goodness the lyrics! I'll just stop now becuz
its only gonna get me mad. -5/5

-Fortunately I pick my mixtapes out better than my albums so thats the extent of the worst mixtapes for me lol.

--------------------------
-

Aight well look for a dramatically differently lookin list of top albums
come January 1, 2008 with Kanye, Common, & hopefully Dr. Dre or Eminem droppin in the upcoming months.

0 comments: