January 13, 2013

Justin Timberlake - Suit & Tie (feat. Jay-Z)

Finally, finally, finally the much ballyhooed new Justin Timberlake track with Jay-Z is out! Check it out:

Justin Timberlake - Suit & Tie (feat. Jay-Z) (Alt. Link)

Pretty cool song. I was worried at the beginning, I thought that intro was how the entire song was going to sound. Whew! I mean, it was dope for an intro (well, besides Timbaland's weird beluga whale yelp at the start), but it wouldn't have been for an entire song.

Anyway, I don't know if J.T. was purposely going for the Robin Thicke sound, but if he was, he nailed it. He sounded great, just a lot like Thicke both lyrically and vocally. Who knows, maybe that's who wrote the song for him?

Sadly, as much as I love Jay-Z, he added absolutely nothing to the song besides his name. Now that's not to say the verse was trash and someone else should've been on here, but to say it was kinda unnecessary. This song didn't need a rap verse. It didn't hurt, it just didn't help either.

And of course Timbaland killed the beat, that goes without saying... though I just said it. I have a lot of regrets.