January 02, 2012

FiyahMuZik.com's Top & Bottom 10's Of 2011

Top 10 Albums Of 2011
1. The Game - The R.E.D. Album
I love Jay-Z and I love Kanye, but I'm not gonna even sit here and front like The R.E.D. Album wasn't the illest album released last year.

2. Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne
I'm not gonna lie, I didn't love it after the first listen, but clearly I was tripping because this shit is GREAT! And it produced one of the best all around songs of the year in Niggas In Paris. What more could you ask for?

3. Bad Meets Evil - Hell: The Sequel
I never looked at Hell: The Sequel as an EP because it was easily better than 95% of LPs released in 2011. Eminem and Royce together is just unfair.


4. Young Jeezy - TM103: Hustlerz Ambition
It took forever to come out, but I couldn't be happier with the final product. Yeah, it has way too many features, but TM103 is jammin' like hell.

5. Kendrick Lamar - Section.80
I can't say enough about what Kendrick Lamar brings to the tables lyrically, dude is just fucking ill.

6. Drake - Take Care
You can say Drake is soft all you want, but you're lying to yourself if you say Take Care is a good fucking album.

7. Childish Gambino - Camp
I started to not give Donald Glover a chance solely based on his terrible, terrible rap name, but this Camp album is impressive. He was trying too hard to sound like Kanye and Eminem on a few tracks, but the overall product was dope.

8. Snoop Dogg - Doggumentary
Don't sleep on Snoop because this is his 64th album, Doggumentary is a good as shit. A few fillers, but mostly dope ass music.

9. Wale - Ambition
There's still something about Wale's flow that I don't love, but Ambition is like 1000x better than Attention Deficit.

10. Styles P - Master Of Ceremony
SP is definitely on the top of his game on Master Of Ceremony.

Bottom 10 Albums Of 2011
1. Lil B - I'm Gay
I still have no idea what the fuck Lil B is rapping for.

2. Gucci Mane - The Return Of Mr. Zone 6
Same goes for Gucci Mane.

3. Pastor Troy - Still Troy
And Pastor Troy.

4. Blu - Jesus
I heard Blu was supposed to be some good, but this album definitely was far from it. I had no clue what the hell was going on on this shit from start to finish.

5. Gucci Mane & Waka Flocka - Ferrari Boyz
Just like Watch The Throne, only without the good music.

6. Cali Swag District - The Kickback
I'm not gonna say I'm happy one of the members of Cali Swag District got murdered, but I am happy this will likely be the last one of their album I'll have to suffer through.

7. LMFAO - Sorry For Party Rocking
Sadly, these clowns are considered rappers. I knew this shit would suck when I saw will.i.am's crazy ass executive produced it.

8. New Boyz - Too Cool To Care
How did these niggas get a 2nd album? Let's make sure it all ends here.

9. Project Pat - Loud Pack
I fuck with Project Pat, but he can't rap for shit.

10. Lupe Fiasco - Lasers
Sigh.

Top 10 Mixtapes Of 2011
1. Big K.R.I.T. - Return Of 4Eva
This is almost unfair because this could've been released as K.R.I.T.'s debut album, the music is that good. Let's all just pray he's not wasting all of his good songs on mixtapes and has no steam left for the actual album like J. Cole.

2. Fabolous - The Soul Tape
I love Fab, but this very well may be the illest project of his entire career. I fucking love The Soul Tape!

3. The Game - Hoodmorning (No Typo)
Wack title, great mixtape.

4. Ludacris - 1.21 Gigawatts
I'll overlook the Gucci Mane and Waka Flocka feature because the rest of the 'tape was so damn good.

5. Freddie Gibbs - Cold Day In Hell
Freddie Gibbs is just good, I don't know what else to say.

6. Willie The Kid - The Fly 2
I know not many folks are checking for Willie The Kid, but The Fly 2 is ill.

7. Fred The Godson - City Of God
Freddie Gibbs, Fred The Godson, is Fred the new "Ice" of rap names? Either way, City Of God was dope.

8. The Game - Purp & Patron: The Hangover
No, I'm not on The Game's dick, he just had a helluva year musically.

9. Jae Millz - Potent Music
It's a shame Millz is buried on the Cash Money/Young Money roster because Potent Music is probably the best project to come from them outside of Take Care.

10. 50 Cent - The Big Ten
I gotta give 50 Cent credit, I didn't think he had it in him. Oh, and I'm still happy he decided to change the cover.

Bottom 10 Mixtapes Of 2011
1. Kreayshawn - Kittys x Choppas
Not Lil B. Not Soulja Boy. Kreayshawn. Thank God majority of her 15 minutes of fame are up and it's looking increasingly unlikely we'll see a full studio album.

2. Lil B - Bitch Mob Respect Da Bitch
I thought it would be impossible to make music that sounds worse than this mixtape title, but Lil B showed me otherwise.

3. Soulja Boy - Smooky
I really don't know what this nigga is doing with his life.

4. Lil B - Black Flame
I don't even know what negative is left to say about Lil B.

5. Future - Streetz Calling
It's ironic he calls himself Future seeing how he has no future in music.

6. Soulja Boy - Juice
(See #4 and replace "Lil B" with "Soulja Boy.")

7. Lil B - Red Flame Devil Music Edition
(See #4.)

8. Soulja Boy - 1Up
(See #6.)

9. OJ Da Juiceman - Culinary Art School 2
I don't think "Da Juiceman" said more than 10 words during the entirety of this mixtape.

10. 2 Chainz - T.R.U. REALigion
With all the buzz 2 Chainz has gotten recently I forgot he was terrible at rapping. T.R.U. REALigion reminded me.