January 22, 2012

NFL Winners & Losers: Championship Round

No podcast this week (I'm obviously far too famous to be podcasting... kidding!), but I can't go without making my picks. So what's it gonna be? A Super Bowl XXXV rematch? A Super Bowl XLII rematch? A Super Har-Bowl? I don't know, but let's get to the picks!

First off, how is this the first game? Giants-Niners will be good, but this game should be better. Oh well, whatever.

Even though New England looked better than it actually is last week because they played Denver and Baltimore looked worse than it actually is last week because they played Houston, I just can't see myself picking against the Patriots. I already thought the addition of Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, and Wes Welker from the last playoff matchup between these 2 was enough to put the Pats over the top, but the fact that Ed Reed saw fit to call out Joe Flacco this week cemented it. Patriots winners, Ravens losers.

I don't even know what else to say, but start preparing for a rematch of Super Bowl XLII. Giants winners, 49ers losers.

This Week: 2-0 (1.000)
Playoff Record: 7-3 (.700)
Overall Record: 164-102 (.617)
Last Week: 2-2 (.500)
Regular Season Record: 157-99 (.613)