January 07, 2012

NFL Winners & Losers: Wild Card Weekend

Last week I went 12-4 to barely escape 100 failed picks on the season, and ended up with an overall record of 157-99. (Now that's what I call clutch!) Just in case you were wondering, I went 154-102 in 2010, 167-88 in 2009, and 106-62 in 2008 when I didn't start picking game until Week 5.

Anyway, let's get to the podcast and some quick picks and reasons I couldn't care less about these games.


Can I get a quick show of hands of who had Andy Dalton and T.J. Yates starting in playoffs games before the season. Anybody? Anybody?

Anyway, Houston just beat Cincy in Week 14 in Cincy, so I'm gonna take them to pull it out again in front of a Houston crowd going bananas about getting their first NFL playoff game since the '93 Oilers. Texans winners, Bengals losers.

(Side note: Just know I'm terrified by the possibility of Jake Delhomme entering this game for Houston.)

All you need to know about this game is that the Lions just let Matt Flynn throw for 480 yards and 6 touchdowns on them last week when they were trying. Oh yeah, and then there's that whole "facing Drew Brees after he shattered Dan Marino's passing record in the Superdome where the Saints are 8-0" thing, but I'm not sure it'll matter much. Saints winners, Lions losers.

People are talking about this Giants' season mirroring their 2007 Super Bowl winning season, but I'm not seeing it because they could inexplicably suck for no reason this week. Good thing the Falcons are the epitome of mediocre... Oh, and the fact the Giants haven't not played in their own stadium since Week 14. Giants winners, Falcons losers.

Ben Roethlisberger tweaked his ankle last week against Cleveland, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have to play for Pittsburgh to beat Denver Sunday. Steelers winners, Broncos losers.

This Week: 3-1 (.750)
Playoff Record: 3-1 (.750)
Overall Record: 160-100 (.615)
Last Week: 12-4 (.750)
Regular Season Record: 157-99 (.613)