January 10, 2010

The CYST Lives On

Romo
The last time we spoke CYST the Yankees had just won the World Series, and the Cowboys were a few days away from their first meeting with the Eagles. One day removed from the 'Boys beating the Birds for the a third time, the last time we talked CYST seems like forever ago.

Anyway, I'd like to take this time to call out ESPN real quick. That's right "Worldwide Leader In Sports," I'm talking to you. I was sitting around watching playoff football, minding my own when friend of the website Markeyea pointing out that ESPN.com totally jacked my theory for their recap of the Cowboys-Eagles game. Don't believe me?? Take a look for yourself, its a chart towards the bottom.

Damning, I know.

Ain't that some shit though?? I'm just an ordinary ass independent writer, why take my idea?? I'm hurt! I'm offended! And yes, by hurt and offended I do mean in need of somebody in the stats and research department to cut me a fuckin' check. I'm serious, I want my got damn money. I don't know if I have to speak to Russell Baxter, somebody at the Elias Sports Bureau, or even the fine folks over at Disney, all I know is that I want my money.

You know what?? I don't even need any money, but come on ESPN, give me something! Don't just rape me and leave, have a heart. Hell, I'd even settle for a trip to L.A. to watch Bill Simmons beat Cousin Sal with that foot long Subway sub. Something. Anything!


But I digress.

Okay, lets go ahead and update the CYST. First off, Dallas won the division. The Yankees won the AL East, the Cowboys won the NFC East.

Second, like the Yankees, the Cowboys destroyed their first round opponent. The Yanks dismantled and swept the Twins, the 'Boys annihilated the Eagles.

Finally, both clubs had their best offensive player, and chronically bad playoff performer, come up big. In the first round Alex Rodriguez had a .455 batting average, 6 RBIs, and 2 homeruns. Last night Tony Romo went 23 of 35 for 244 yards, 2 touchdowns, and a 104.9 passer rating.

The CYST is alive