December 17, 2010

NFL Winners & Losers: Week 15

Vick vs. Eli
1) Eagles (9-4) @ Giants (9-4)
The Giants nearly won the last game in Philly, so they should definitely win this one in New York, right? Wrong! Outside of the 2007 Super Bowl run, I just don't like Eli Manning playing in the cold. Eagles winners, Giants losers.

2) Jets (9-4) @ Steelers (10-3)
I was gonna pick the Jets...then I heard the they were 0-7 lifetime playing in Pittsburgh. Rex Ryan and the boys better hope their remaining opponents rest their starters like the Colts and Bengals did last year because all of a sudden their playoff hopes are in doubt. Steelers winners, Jets losers.

(Side note: Why does Santino Holmes expect a standing ovation Sunday?? I know he didn't ask to be traded, but uhhh, that's just not gonna happen buddy.)

3) Saints (10-3) @ Ravens (9-4)
It feels like I should be more intrigued for this game than I am. I don't know, there's something about a team nearly blowing a 21 point 2nd half lead that loses my interest. Saints winners, Ravens losers.

4) Packers (8-5) @ Patriots (11-2)
Is Aaron Rodgers going to play?? Then again, does it even matter with the way the Pats are playing?? Patriots winners, Packers losers.

5) Jaguars (8-5) @ Colts (7-6)
I just can't see a world where the Jaguars sweep the Colts and win the AFC South. Colts winners, Jaguars losers.

6) Chiefs (8-5) @ Rams (6-7)
Raise your hand if you had "meaningful game in December between the Chiefs and Rams" in your preseason predictions. I'll wait.

I don't know if Matt Cassel is gonna play, but if he doesn't, you can go ahead and give this one to the Rams now. And it's not even that Matt Cassel is all that good, it's that his back up Brodie Croyle is really all that bad. Rams winners, Chiefs losers.

7) Redskins (5-8) @ Cowboys (4-9)
Screw what I previously wrote for this game, Rex Grossman is gonna start at QB for the Redskins?!?!!? I already thought my Cowboys were gonna win, but this just seems unfair.

Wait a minute, are the Redskins trying to out suck us and jump ahead of us in the 2011 Draft order?? By golly, I think they are! Mike Shanahan, you bitch! Cowboys winners, Redskins losers.

8) Bears (9-4) @ Vikings (5-8)
My how things change in the NFL. Just a couple weeks ago the "Who should start at QB, Favre or Tarvaris?" battle raged on, and now somebody named Joe Webb has the keys to the car. Insanity. Bears winners, Vikings losers.

9) 49ers (5-8) @ Chargers (7-6)
This game already happened, but there was no way I wasn't taking the Chargers in this game. Chargers won, 49ers loss.

10) Bills (3-10) @ Dolphins (7-6)
I'd feel much more secure about this game if the Dolphins were on the road. Who knows, maybe the Bills will give up? I mean, what incentive do they have to try anymore?? They've proof they're point, and pushed a lot of good teams to the brink, but now it's time to worry about the 2011 draft. Dolphins winners, Bills winners.

11) Falcons (11-2) @ Seahawks (6-7)
Do I even need to make an argument for why the Falcons are gonna win this game?? I don't know, just seems pointless. Falcons winners, Seahawks losers.

12) Texans (5-8) @ Titans (5-8)
Time for the Texans to get back to .500 and save Gary Kubiak's job again. Texans winners, Titans losers.

13) Lions (3-10) @ Buccaneers (8-5)
Jaaaaaash Freeman wins football games! Buccaneers winners, Lions losers.

14) Browns (5-8) @ Bengals (2-11)
Yay, Colt McCoy is back, now I can feel comfortable picking the Browns again. Browns winners, Bengals losers.

15) Broncos (3-10) @ Raiders (6-7)
I thought teams were supposed to get better after they fire their coach?? Judging by Denver's performance last week, I guess not. Really, I say the way Denver played against Arizona is as good a reason as any that Jason Garrett and Leslie Frazier should be allowed to keep their newfound head coaching jobs.

Anyway, looks like Tim Tebow is going to get his first NFL start, and as much as I'm afraid to pick against him (in fear of being struck by lightning), these Broncos have quit. Raiders winners, Broncos losers.

16) Cardinals (4-9) @ Panthers (1-12)
What a dreadful, dreadful game this is going to be. I'm gonna say last week was an anomaly and the Cards go back to be terrible, making way for the Panthers to get win #2 on the season. Panthers winners, Cardinals losers.

This Week: 9-7 (.563)
Overall Record: 135-89 (.603)
Last Week: 12-4 (.750)