March 29, 2011

This Week In Flops 3/29/11

Britney Spears - Femme Fatale
Coming in at #1 next week will be Britney Spears' Femme Fatale, the only thing left to settle now is how much she'll sell. Britney's 2008 effort Circus moved 505,000 first week, and while I don't think this album will reach those heights, it should still be an great opening week. My guess is 375-450k.


Wiz Khalifa - Rolling Papers
Wiz Khalifa is arguably the hottest rapper in the game right now (overall, not musically), now it's time to see if that heat can translate into record sales. Generally, weed-based rappers don't perform well, but I think Cruella Khalifa has a good shot at that #2 spot. For him, I'm going with 115-150k.

Snoop Dogg - Doggumentary
I can't think of a Snoop Dogg album less anticipated since Doggumentary the No Limit days. Now I'm not saying the album sucks or anything, but its been a LONG time since Dogg has had little-to-no buzz surrounding an album.

Regardless, its hitting stores today, and I'm expecting sales in the range of 50-90k.

Mary Mary - Something Big
This is the first time I've had a gospel album on TWIF, so I'm not familiar with what they usually sell. And yes, that is a built in excuse because I expect to be totally wrong with my guess of 30-60k.

E-40 - Revenue Retrievin': Graveyard Shift
E-40 - Revenue Retrievin': Overtime Shift
I'm not sure we needed dual E-40 albums in consecutive years, but nevertheless he's back with Graveyard and Overtime Shirt of his Revenue Retrievin' series. Sales of both album should be nearly identical once again, and I'm guessing 10-15k.