October 31, 2012

Random News Shit: NBA Players Gettin' PAID Edition

1) James Harden Gets 5-Year/$80 Million Deal From Rockets
And if his performance last night (37 points, 12 assists, 6 rebounds, and 4 steals) is any indicator, he's worth every dime. How crazy would it be if Harden kept this up and started over Russell Westbrook in the All-Star game or challenged Kevin Durant for the scoring title? OKC fans would be sooooo pissed and it would be hilarious!

2) Warriors Give Stephen Curry 4-Year/$44 Million Deal
If you've followed me for awhile, you know I'm a big Steph Curry fan, so I'm happy to hear this, I just hope his ankle holds up and he doesn't become the modern day Grant Hill.

3) Jrue Holiday Gets $41 Million Extension From Pistons
Seems like a lot, but the kid can ball, so I'm good with it.

4) DeMar DeRozan Signs $40 Million Extension With Raptors
Hopefully some of that money is for him getting robbed in the 2011 Slam Dunk Contest. Hey, does this mean he's now richer than his college teammate Lil Romeo? I think it might.

5) Bulls & Taj Gibson Agree On $38 Million Extension
What a steal! Taj is clearly better than Carlos Boozer, and he got a max deal. Taj might've wanted to consider testing free agency.

6) Knicks-Nets Game Postponed
Damn, now I guess I gotta watch that dreadful Chiefs-Chargers game. Fuck!