February 02, 2010

This Week In Flops 2/2/10

Lil Wayne Rebirth
Okay, first off, who knew this album was coming out today before seeing those Best Buy commercials last night during the season finale of "For The Love Of Ray J"?? I thought they pushed it back to June?? And if they were gonna just release it on a random date, why not back when the album first leaked in December??

Whatever. This is a failed experiment and we all know it. The album is awful, no one likes it, and no one is gonna buy it. This will go down as a fail of epic proportions, Cash Money knows it, Universal knows it, Lil Wayne knows it. But you know what?? I'm not sure they're not just releasing this album like this on purpose. Since it is indeed a failed experiment, who's to say they aren't just dropping Rebirth with no promo or interest just to get it over with?? I wouldn't be shocked. Hell, maybe Drake's album actually does have a shot of coming out now, who knows??

Anyway, lets get down to business: I'm guessing Rebirth's sales fall somewhere in the range of 60-90k. That's my guess and I'm sticking with it.