November 11, 2011

NFL Winners & Losers: Week 10

I'm still not totally positive why there are no teams on bye this week and 4 teams on bye next week, but oh well, I won't complain. Also, check out the new Casual Football Talk podcast and learn all about TITures... oh yeah, and football.



New England hadn't not scored 30 points in like a thousand straight games, but since Dallas broke their streak in Week 6, they haven't scored 30 since. Couple that with the fact the Pats haven't beaten the Jets at home since Rex Ryan took over as coach, and oh my God, could Thomas Brady and William Belichick lose 3 straight games?? Oddly, I say yes. Jets winners, Patriots losers.

I don't even know what to make of the Giants anymore. One week they're losing to the Seahawks at home, the next week they're beating the Bills. Another week they're barely beating the Dolphins at home, the next they go to Foxborough without Ahmad Bradshaw and Hakeem Nicks and beat the Patriots. I don't get it. What I do get is that the Niners are really good. 49ers winners, Giants losers.

I know teams coming off their bye have been great since I jinxed them out of their 3-9 start, but for some reason I feel like Chicago is going to win this game. No explanation, I just feel it... which probably means you should bet on the Lions to win. Bears winners, Lions losers.

Wild stat of the week: former Super Bowl winners are 7-2 this year in match-ups with the team they beat in the Super Bowl.

Obviously that stat bodes well for my Cowboys, who beat the Bills twice in the early 90s, so I'm sticking with it for reason that aren't quite clear. Cowboys winners, Bills losers.

The Bengals have been fantastic this year, but now it's time to come crashing back down to earth with this game against Pittsburgh and next week's game at Baltimore. Steelers winners, Bengals losers.

The Saints are an unimpressive 2-3 on the road this year, and the Falcons just had 2 consecutive bye weeks. Call me crazy, but I like Atlanta here. Falcons winners, Saints losers.

Simply put: Houston is just better than Tampa Bay. Texans winners, Buccaneers losers.

Christian Ponder isn't Donovan McNabb, but he's still not gonna beat Aaron Rodgers (again). Packers winners, Vikings losers.

I told you the Chiefs sucked. Broncos winners, Chiefs losers.

Damn, we're at the Thursday games already? It seems like just yesterday I realized a made a huge mistake drafting Phail Rivers in fantasy. Fortunately for San Diego, Darren McFadden is not playing in this game and Carson Palmer is. Chargers winners, Raiders losers.

The last time the Ravens beat the Steelers they had a major let down the next week in Tennessee. I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and that doesn't happen again, but I totally would NOT be surprised if they left Seattle with an L. Ravens winners, Seahawks losers.

Outside of Cam Newton and a few offensive playmakers, the Panthers absolutely stink. I was leaning towards picking Tennessee, but I'll give Carolina the benefit of the doubt in a home game coming off their bye. Panthers winners, Titans losers.

Welp, so much for the Eagles going on a hellified run after whipping my Cowboys. If they can't beat John Skelton at home, you can stick a fork in these birds. Eagles winners, Cardinals losers.

Anytime a running back gets 14 receptions, you know something is seriously wrong with your quarterback. I only hope Beck can last another week to face my Cowboys.

Now, I must admit, I do feel a little sketchy about picking Miami at home (1-12 in their last 13 home games), but fuck it, I think they realize their one win already puts them out of contention for Andrew Luck. Dolphins winners, Redskins losers.

Cleveland sucks dick as a football team, but if the Rams can't even beat John Skelton on the road, I don't see how they can beat anybody else. Even the Browns. Browns winners, Rams losers.

(P.S.: Browns, I hate Peyton Hillis too)

The Jaguars had 2 weeks to prepare for the Colts, which means they did absolutely nothing for 2 weeks. Maybe the Colts can finally get their first win?

...What's that? Dan Orlovsky might be starting? Oh, nevermind. Jaguars losers, Colts winners.

This Week: 9-7 (.563)
Last Week: 8-6 (.571)
Season: 86-60 (.592)