December 17, 2009

Random News Shit: Sports Recap 12/10-12/13

December 10th

Brian Kelly To Replace Charlie Weis As Notre Dame Head Coach
Yet another reason to hate the NCAA. This is so fucked up! Dez Bryant can't go visit Deion Sanders, but Brian Kelly can interview for, and accept a job at another school during the season. I don't blame those kids at Cincinnati for being pissed, their leader is allowed to abandon them before the biggest game in school history (the Sugar Bowl against Florida). If a kid wants to trade schools, he has to sit out a season, a coach can just leave whenever they feel like it. Again, fucked up!

December 11th

Tiger Woods Leaves Golf Indefinitely
To be fair, Tiger probably wouldn't have played in any of these upcoming small touraments at the top of the year regardless. I say he comes back for the Masters in April. After all, we all know Tiger only cares about the majors.

December 12th

Kobe Bryant Fractures Bone In Right Index Finger
This seemed like a bigger deal back on the 12th when it happened. Definitely more so than it does now, 1 day after he hit 39 and a game-winner against the Bucks in Milwaukee.

Kansas Hires Gill Turner
Its about time the fucked up NCAA benefited a black man.

Penn State's Women Volleyball Team Wins 100th Straight
I'm not down with the NCAA, but I love that women's volleyball! Those fine ass girls in those tiny ass shorts, its great. In fact, we need more women's volleyball on TV. I don't care if it broadcasts on Lifetime, I'd watch! This picture says it all.

...And don't even get me started on beach volleyball! My, my, my!

Mark Ingram Wins 75th Heisman Throphy
A lot of college sports shit late last week, maybe that's why I checked out mentally?? Whatever. Can you believe Ingram was the first player in Alabama history to win the Heisman?? I can't. I mean, of course I don't really care, but that's still pretty remarkable.

December 13th

Brandon Marshall Breaks T.O.'s NFL Record With 21 Catches
This guy is a BEAST! His 21 catches were obviously the most on his team (duh lol), but it was more than the Colts had as a team! The most amazing part of this story is that the Broncos lost. If I told you Brandon Marshall was gonna explode for 21 catches and 200 yards, you would've told me the Colts would suffer their first loss of the season. But they didn't. That says a lot about the Colts.

DeMarcus Ware Carted Off With Neck Sprain
Ware seems to be just fine now and may play Saturday night so this is whatever now.