December 04, 2009

Random News Shit: SportsCenter On DVR Edition

Magazines featuring Tiger Woods are photographed Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2009, in New York. Woods said he let his family down with "transgressions" he regrets "with all of my heart," and that he will deal with his personal life behind closed doors, in a statement released Wednesday.
Sorry about the lack of content, I was really just being lazy. And not lazy as in I didn't wanna write anything, lazy as in I didn't really care about what was going on in the music industry. But I'm back. That's right, I'm BACK!

1) Tiger Woods Apologizes For 'Transgressions'
I've had awhile now to think about what I was gonna say about this matter, and you know what? I still don't know what to say. I mean is there anything to say?? A super rich, super famous guy cheated on his wife. And?? Shit happens everyday. If Hillary Clinton can get cheated on, that old nanny trick Tiger wifed can get cheated on too.

See, the real question isn't why did Tiger cheat, its why the hell did Tiger get married in the first damn place?? Ain't like homegirl was his high school sweetheart or been down with him when he didn't have nothing, she was essentially just some chick he met along the ride. And I don't know what's wrong with these famous people, but you don't settle down until you fall off. That's a rule! ...Okay, it isn't a rule, but dammit it should be.

This all doesn't matter though, Tiger will be fine. The only people truly upset and offended by this is women, and last time I checked, not many women watch golf or buy the products he endorses. As long as he still has his endorsements, which he does, Tiger has nothing to worry about.

(Side note: Can black women stop it with the whole super ignorant "that's what Tiger gets for getting a white girl" thing?? I mean come on, y'all asses can't POSSIBLY believe this is all a result of being with a white girl. If the domestic violence part is true, a black girl would've done the same (hell, probably even worse). If she hits him up for a shitload of cash, a black girl would too. This is not a black and white issue, its a male and female isn't. Ignorant black women, get over yourselves.)

2) Allen Iverson Signs Back With 76ers
Welp, that was fast. Iverson sure could show Brett Favre a thing or two about retiring and unretiring in a timely manner.

Anyway, we all knew the retirement last week wasn't final, so this should shock no one. Like I said last week, A.I. was simply looking for attention and sympathy so he picked his ball up and went home...and now he's back. Hopefully Andre Iguodala doesn't catch any feelings about not being the only A.I. in Philly again.

(Side note: How ironic is it that Iverson's first 2 games back with the Sixers are gonna be against Denver and Detroit?? Its funny how these things work sometimes.)

3) Ron Artest Admits To Drinking Alcohol At Halftime
That alcohol was Hennessy, to be exact. Ron has since clarified his statements, but that doesn't make this story any less funny. Drinking Henny at halftime, that's crazy! Totally shits on those reports that Gilbert Arenas used to play online poker at the half a few years ago.

You know what's even crazier?? I heard somebody reading off his first and second half stats from back then, and there was no real drop off in production. I guess he can't blame it on the alcohol after all.

4) Nets Go 0-18, Set Mark For Worst Start In NBA History
Is that new Russian owner guy just bad luck, or what?? Just terrible.