December 15, 2009

This Week In Flops 12/15/09

A Surprisingly slow album release day for a December. Probably fitting for the way my website has been looking lately. My keyboard is SHIT! But I'll be back full swing soon. Lets do this for now.

Alicia Keys - The Element of Freedom
Do people care that Alicia Keys is dropping this album?? I mean, I know she's a great talent, but the interest just doesn't seem to be there this go-round. (Could you imagine what it'd be like if not for the success of Empire State Of Mind?? Potentially scary.) Its gotta be either 1 of 2 things: 1) Her songs are boring and are started to all sound the same or 2) people are that turned off by her homewreckery (Fiyah word).

Maybe its a little bit of both?? Either way Alicia might as well get ready now for the lowest sales week in her career. I'll give her 160-190k.

Robin Thicke - Sex Therapy
Do you think Robin Thicke is still sore from being fucked by all the rappers featured on this album?? I mean seriously, I don't think I've ever heard a worst collection of unnecessary features in my life. And why were there so many features anyway?? An album named Sex Therapy probably shouldn't have any rap features, let alone 5.

Anyway, I think interest in Robin Thicke is up right now, but the promo for this album is definitely lacking. Besides Trey Songz, I'd say Robin Thicke is the ladies favorite right now, but I didn't even know the album was dropping until it leaked last week. That's never a good sign. I'll go with 80-120k, but wouldn't be surprised if it were more or less.