December 18, 2009

Random News Shit: Sports Recap 12/14-12/17

December 14th

Tom Brady Comes To Randy Moss' Defense
Well that's a good thing for them, but anybody who watched that game or saw those highlights can clearly see Randy was half-assing it. The thing I don't get though, is why the Panthers' DBs were talking shit in the first place?? 1) If you're an opposing DB and Randy Moss only has 1 catch for 16 yards, why wouldn't you just say you shut Randy Moss down?? 2) While Moss was dogging it, they STILL couldn't stop Wes Welker as he went for 10 catches and 105 yards. Makes no sense to me, but oh well.

December 15th

Man Pleads Guilty In Erin Andrews Case

He agreed to serve 27 months, but the judge will have the final say. That's about right to me. And even though this guy is a sicko, I appreciate what he did for the internet and all Erin Andrews fans lol.

Tracy McGrady Makes Season Debut
Can you believe Tracy is still only 30 years-old?? He should still be in his prime right now, but he's been damn near slowed to a hault by injuries. Maybe he needs to do what I suggested to Greg Oden and have his agent land him a gig in Phoenix.

Now, the part that I don't get in all this is how Tracy loss his #1 jersey to Trevor Ariza?? Yeah, check it out, Tracy is wearing a #3 jersey, and Trevor is wearing #1. I actually noticed Trevor was wearing the #1 a few games before Tracy came back, but either way, isn't that weird?? Tracy has worn #1 for his entire career, why they switch now?? I mean, its not like Tracy left the team and came back to somebody wearing his number (as is the case with Ben Wallace who is now back with the Pistons, but has to wear the #6), he never left the roster. He wasn't a free agent or anything. Its not a big deal at the end of the day, but I just don't get it, especially since Trevor was the new comer AND he wore the #3 last year with the Lakers while #1 was available. Okay, I gotta move on, I'm spending way too much time on this lol.

December 16th

Angels Lands Series MVP, Hideki Matsui
Well it was probably inevitable that the Yankees would let him go, but the Angels defnitely upgraded their DH position because Vlad Guerrero barely looked like he was moving when he ran the bases last season. It was just sad really.

Anyway, Matsui got a one-year $6 million deal.

Phillies Get Halladay, Sends Lee To Mariners
This trade was dumb to me. I mean, Roy Halladay is a great pitcher, but Cliff Lee had already proven he was lights out the entire time he was with Philly. I hope this trade blows up in the Phillies' face.

December 17th

Ocho Cinco Wants to Fight Merriman
Had Chris Henry not passed, this would be probably be the big storyline going in to Sunday's match-up for the right to the #2 seed in the playoffs. Its still kinda funny though.

Vinny Cerrato Resigns From Redskins Position
This is probably best for the Redskins. They have already brought in Bruce Allen to replace him, and are now, reportedly, in talks with Mike Shanahan. The word on ESPN is that Mike Shanahan turned down the Bills job because they wouldn't bring in Allen. I personally think it was because the Bills sucks, but who knows lol.

Bobby Knight Chides John Calipari In Speech
Here's the quote:

"We've gotten into this situation where integrity is really lacking and that's why I'm glad I'm not coaching," he said. "You see we've got a coach at Kentucky who put two schools on probation and he's still coaching. I really don't understand that."

Thank you! College coaches can practically get away with murder and the players that really make these school their money can't get away with a white lie. Damn shame, but I applaud Bobby Knight for speaking up.