December 10, 2009

This Week In Flops 12/8/09

Chris Brown
Okay, 181,400 is what Rihanna's Rated R sold last week, so that's Chris Brown's sales ceiling. (Trust me, there's NO chance that he even comes close to that figure, let alone pass it.) The bottom line is the interest just isn't there for Chris and it doesn't help that I've heard nothing but bad reviews since the album leaked. He should still debut in the top 10 selling somewhere between 90-120k.

Snoop Dogg
I listened to Snoop's album over the weekend and I was extremely disappointed World Of A Gangsta and Protocol didn't make the cut. I mean its not like they ran out of space, there's only 14 tracks and 2 of them were the intro and outro. Oh, and one was an absolutely ear torturing song called Pronto with Soulja Boy. That shit is SOOOOOO bad! You telling me the album needed that, but couldn't use those 2 bangers mentioned above?? For that reason I probably won't buy the album, but I'm sure it'll fall in the 80-110k range.

Timbaland
In April of '07, when the first Shock Value dropped, it debuted at #5 and sold 138,000, and that was on the heels of super single Give It To Me with Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado. That huge #1 hit single doesn't exist these time around some we might see Timmy sitting on the outside of the top 10 next week. I'll say 60-90k.

Gucci Mane
Welp, I guess its time to see how hot Gucci Mane really is to everyone. He's destroyed numerous songs with his shitty features, but he is allegedly in high demand. Realistically, with the way everybody has pretended to be on his dick, he should do Susan Boyle numbers.

..But he won't. I'll give him 45-85k.

Clipse
I haven't listened to the album yet, but I'm sure its good. Its a damn shame nobody knows its dropping though. I mean, I didn't even know until I saw it leak last week. Damn shame, 20-50k

B.G.
Judging by Juvenile's album's perormance (#43, 23,100 sold), I'm gonna guess B.G. does somewhere in the range of 10-20.

(Question: Is B.G. still signed to Grand Hustle??)