February 04, 2012

2011 NFL Awards Handed Out

Maybe I'm tripping, but I don't recall the NFL ever giving out their awards in one plop on Super Bowl Eve like this before. Oh well, enjoy:

1) Aaron Rodgers Wins MVP In A Landslide
Votes for Aaron Rodgers: 48
Votes for Drew Brees: 2

Damn.

Aaron Rodgers bust Drew Brees' ass in the MVP voting, but Brees flipped it on him in the O.P.O.T.Y., winning 43-7. I'm totally fine with both of these first 2 awards.

3) Terrell Suggs Wins Defensive Player Of The Year
With 21 votes, T-Sizzle of Ball So Hard University beats out Jared Allen and his 14 votes (and 22 sacks) for D.P.O.T.Y. (which sadly could double as an acronym for an AVN Award for double penetration). I'm not mad at that, but I am mad that DeMarcus Ware didn't get a single vote. I guess 19.5 sacks just doesn't get you as far as it once did.

4) Cam Newton & Von Miller Win Rookie Of The Year Awards
Surprise! Cilla Cam Newton beats out Andy Dalton 47-3 and Von Miller beats out Aldon Smith 39-11. There's really nothing else to say because nobody should be surprised by these results at all.

5) Jim Harbaugh Wins Coach Of The Year
I'm starting to figure out why the NFL decided to give out all these awards at once because not of them are really even close. Harbaugh got 45 votes and Mike McCarthy and John Fox split the remaining 5.

6) Matt Stafford Wins Comeback Player Of The Year
With 21 votes Matt Stafford takes this one home, and rightfully so for him just staying healthy a full season. I am a little surprised Alex Smith didn't get more than 7 votes though.