February 09, 2012

2012 NBA All-Star Reserves Announced

For the East you've got Chris Bosh, Luol Deng, Roy Hibbert, Andre Iguodala, Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, and Deron Williams. For the West you've got Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, Marc Gasol, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, Tony Parker, and Russell Westbrook.

Not bad, I can't find much fault with either team. Personally, I would've taken Monta Ellis (22.6 ppg and 6.3 apg) over Tony Parker (18.9 and 7.7) or Dirk (17.6 and 6.2 rpg), but I understand why the coaches left him off. The only other snub I can think of is Rajon Rondo, but that's really not all that egregious (though I'm sure Knick fans think Jeremy Lin not making the team is).

Another thing I wanted to bring up was how weird it's gonna be to have an All-Star game with neither Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan on either roster. Duncan had made the team every season of his career before this (13 straight!) and KG had made it every season since 1997 (14 straight!).

SOURCE