December 05, 2012

New Orleans Hornets Changing Nickname To Pelicans


The logo above is not a prototype for New Orleans' future logo. It actually belongs to a Finnish hockey team called the Lahti Pelicans, but I'm sure sure their logo will be equally as lame, which is why going from the Hornets to the Pelicans is completely retardede. I understand that the brown pelican is Louisiana's state bird and it's represented on everything from their flag to their quarter, but that doesn't stop it from being a dumb fucking idea.

If I played for New Orleans, I'd want no part of being a Pelican. In fact, if I was Anthony Davis, I'd ask for a trade yesterday. Hell, I'd rather them nickname the team the 'Brows over something as corny as the Pelicans. I'm sorry, pelicans just aren't cool and no one is coming to see the Pelicans.

David Stern has to veto this for basketball reasons, right? If he can video the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers, why can't he veto this name trade? Or least tell the Jazz they have a season to give New Orleans it's name back. Something! I'm just so...I don't even know. This is just such a fail all the way around.

 SOURCE