December 08, 2012

Surprise! Johnny Manziel Wins Heisman

Guess what? Johnny Manziel won Heisman! I know, I know, I can't believe it either! I'm just as shocked as you.

...What's that? You can believe it, you say? You're not at all shocked... at all? You say you knew he was gonna win ever since college sports couldn't be reported on without someone mentioning his name? Well then, fine.

Seriously though, I meant to talk about this on the podcast yesterday and forgot, but what are the chances Johnny Football is as well known as he is because people just like saying Johnny Football? Not to say the kid can't ball, but I'd say at least some of his success has to be contributed to his awesome nickname that everyone loves saying. You know, the expect opposite of what it's gonna be like for New Orleans' NBA team once they officially change their name to the Pelicans.

Anyway, congrats to Johnny for becoming the first freshman to ever be a Heisman trophy winner.

SOURCE