December 04, 2011

Miami Marlins Snag Jose Reyes

The Miami Marlins are clearly trying to shed their representation as cheap as they give free agent shortstop Jose Reyes a 6-year deal worth at least $111 million. The Mets lose again.

Now, I'm definitely not mad at the Marlins for making a splash by bringing in Reyes, but you've got to wonder what this means for the All-Star shortstop already on their roster--Hanley Ramirez? They obviously aren't going to get rid of him, so what's the plan? Are they going to move him to third base like the Yankees did with A-Rod when faced with this same predicament? If so, will Hanley agree to the move? Back in November, when asked about the possibility of changing positions, he said, "I'm a shortstop right now, so I don't know. I consider myself a shortstop." That doesn't exactly sound like he's thrilled with the idea.

SOURCE