December 23, 2011

NFL Winners & Losers: Week 16

I didn't have time to write a picks column last week, but I went 8-8. Anyway, check out this great new podcast with Tye, plus this week's picks.



The Jets are talking shit, the Giants are talking shit, bloody Eli Manning face playbooks are being used, and Mark Sanchez is likely fucking Kate Upton; The battle for New York is here! Both teams badly need this game to make the playoffs and I think the "home" team will prevail. Jets winners, Giants losers.

This is totally a game Dallas would/should lose, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt if the Giants go down like I expect them to in the 1pm games. Fuck it, I've changing my pick. Eagles winners, Cowboys losers.

This game will be way closer than it probably should be, but I got the Saints pulling it out when it's all said and done. Saints winners, Falcons losers.

I'm always leary of picking against Seattle in Seattle, but the Niners defense is fucking strong. 49ers winners, Seahawks losers.

Phil Rivers playing great to spite me after wrecking my fantasy season + playing indoors + Detroit's terrible secondary = San Diego going into Week 17 8-7. Chargers winners, Lions losers.

This should be an oddly good game, but I'll give Cincy the edge because they're at home. Bengals winners, Cardinals losers.

You just don't lose to the Dolphins after you beat Tim Tebow. Patriots winners, Dolphins losers.

The anointed one was defeated by the God's true favorite last Sunday, I don't see why they can't bounce back this week versus the dead-in-the-water Bills. Broncos winners, Bills losers.

You can feed into that "Chiefs showed the blueprint to beating the Packers" bullshit if you want, but I don't think they lose another game this season unless they rest their starters next Week. Packers winners, Bears losers.

Quick show of hands, who had KC beating Green Bay last week? I just want to know who I can never trust again because they're a fucking liar. Chiefs winners, Raiders losers.

Baltimore looked pretty bad last Sunday, but they should still be able to bounce back at home against their old selves. Ravens winners, Browns losers.

I wonder if Dan Sydner realizes Washington would likely be in the playoff hunt had Mike Shanahan not started John Beck those few games? Redskins winners, Vikings losers.

I'm glad Indy finally got their first win, now it's time to get back on the losing side of things. Texans winners, Colts losers.

I don't really know what to make of either of these teams, but the Titans are better, so I'll give them the edge. Titans winners, Jaguars losers.

Ben Roethlisberger could get his leg amputated and Pittsburgh would still be able to beat the St. Louis. Steelers winners, Rams losers.

I put 0 stock in the Cowboys killing Tampa, they have completely given up. I'd be stunted if Cam Newton didn't make the Bucs his bitch Saturday. Panthers winners, Buccaneers losers.

This Week: 10-6 (.625)
Last Week: 8-8 (.500)
Season: 145-95 (.604)