May 29, 2010

Kanye West - Power (feat. Dwele)

Kanye's Return Is POWERFUL!
I've literally listened to this song about 25 times since I first heard it. I'm sure you have too, but if you've never heard it than allow me to put you up on game.


Man, I can't tell you how refreshing it is to hear Kanye rapping again! Even though it was most likely set up, I think its safe to say MTV and Taylor Swift saved Kanye's career. Think about it, if Kanye is never given alcohol and sat in the front row with no security at the stage, he probably continues the drive-by shooting of his career. BUT since this incident took place and he was shunned by white America (lets keep it real, he was targeting white people with 808's & Heartbreak), he was forced to refocus and come back to us. I say good deal.

Anyway, the beat, lyrics, everything is dope. It is weird that the track says it's featuring Dwele and he doesn't come in and say anything until the last minute of the song. That never happens. Then again, back to back skits never happened on an album until Kanye did it on College Dropout. No matter, the real big question for me (well besides when the fuck the album is dropping) is what did Kanye say in that 2nd verse about the SNL cast?? I know he told them to kiss his ass (and more specifically, his asshole), but after that he says, "I'm an asshole, you niggas got [blank]." I couldn't make out what he said, but I think its either "jokes," "drugs," or Ye not knowing how to bring the rhyme back around and just making a noise that sounded like he was saying a word that rhymed with "asshole." I'm sure its one of the three.

Even though this track sounds incredible how it is, word on the internets is that it was just a leaked and not the final version. I'm not sure what else could be done to make it sound any better, but whatever it is I'm ready on some Alicia Keys shit!