October 15, 2011

NFL Winners & Losers: Week 6

1) Cowboys (2-2) @ Patriots (4-1)
You've heard all stats about how many points the Pats score and how awesome Tom Brady's new haircut is. You've also heard about the "Romo-Coaster" and how much the Cowboys suck. I'm not buying it. Sure, we loss 4th quarter leads in our 2 losses, but I love the direction my team is going in (it take some part of talent to get double digit leads on good teams like the Jets and Lions). Call me crazy, but I like Dallas in an upset. Cowboys winners, Patriots losers.

2) 49ers (4-1) @ Lions (5-0)
Those records look fake, right? The NFL has been flipped on its head this year.

Anyway, I like the 49ers, but their WR situation scares me, especially on the road against a defense like the Lions'. And while loss number 1 is coming for Detroit soon, it won't be coming this week. Lions winners, 49ers losers.

3) Bills (4-1) @ Giants (3-2)
At first I was stunned by the Giants losing to the Seahawks... then I saw their 3 W's came against St. Louis (0-4), Philly (1-4), and Arizona (1-4). The Giants are totally overrated and I fully expect the Bills to go on the road and handle their business. Bills winners, Giants losers.

4) Saints (4-1) @ Buccaneers (3-2)
The Bucs looked awful last week in San Fran, and now they're down LeGarrette Blount. Saints winners, Buccaneers losers.

5) Eagles (1-4) @ Redskins (3-1)
The Eagles have burned me more times than African prostitute this year, but they've got to win eventually, right? Yeah, their defense sucks and they don't run the ball enough, but the reason they've been losing is because of stupid mistakes. That's fixable. Hopefully they figure it out this week. Eagles winners, Redskins losers.

6) Panthers (1-4) @ Falcons (2-3)
Am I crazy for thinking the Panthers could totally beat the Falcons here? If this game was in Carolina I'd probably take the upset, but I don't like Atlanta to lose back-to-back games in the Georgia Dome. Falcons winners, Panthers losers.

7) Texans (3-2) @ Ravens (3-1)
The Texans were already minus Andre Johnson and Mario Williams, then news broke that Matt Schaub missed practice the other day. Schaub is probably going to play, but still not exactly things you'd like to hear going into Baltimore if you planned on picking Houston. Ravens winners, Texans losers.

8) Browns (2-2) @ Raiders (3-2)
I knew I should've changed my pick to the Raiders last Saturday after Al Davis died. Oh well, I'll make up for it here when Oakland takes out Cleveland. Raiders winners, Browns losers.

9) Dolphins (0-4) @ Jets (2-3)
Matt Moore should just play this game on his back because that's likely where he'll be for majority of it. Besides, you know your team is fucked when unemployed QBs like David Garrard and Jake Delhomme turn down an opportunity to play for you. Jets winners, Dolphins losers.

10) Vikings (1-4) @ Bears (2-3)
What in the fuck was I thinking picking the Bears to beat the Lions at home last week? Also, how in the fuck does Lovie Smith still have a job? I've never seen a coach blow all 3 of his Linktimeouts in the first quarter. That shit was amazing.

Luckily for them they have the First Half Warriors coming to town, so they will never totally be out of this game. Bears winners, Vikings losers.

11) Jaguars (1-4) @ Steelers (3-2)
The Steelers made light work of the Titans last week at home and I don't see why that wouldn't continue against the garbage ass Jaguars. Steelers winners, Jaguars losers.

12) Colts (0-5) @ Bengals (3-2)
At this point, the Colts have no reason to even try to win a game. Might as well put the rest of their key guys on IR with "nagging injuries" and continue to suck for Luck. Bengals winners, Colts losers.

13) Rams (0-4) @ Packers (5-0)
Do we even need to discuss this one? Thought not. Packers winners, Rams losers.

This Week: 9-4 (.692)
Last Week: 5-8 (.385)
Season: 55-35 (.611)