June 29, 2010

Random News Shit: The LeBron/Free Agency Edition


1) Miami Now Front-Runner To Land James, Bosh, & Wade??
Could it be true?? Could this picture possibly be more than just that of a Photoshop expert's dreams?? Answer: I don't know.

Really, who knows?? I don't even think LeBron, Bosh, or Wade know. Normally I would say, "only God knows," but I'm not even sure he does either. God could be up in the kingdom of heaven telling Jesus to stop playing and put it on ESPN. Who knows??

Honestly, I don't believe any of this media fodder coming out over the past few days. One second LeBron is leaning towards staying in Cleveland, the next he's planning to meet with the Knicks July 1st, then he's leaning towards going to Chicago with Bosh, and now Miami is the front-runner. For all we know, LeBron's camp could be putting out all these rumors to confuse us, or to light a fire under Cleveland's ass to build him a super team. Again, who knows??

Here's what we do know: 1) LeBron James wants to win championships, 2) Chris Bosh wants to play wherever LeBron is playing, 3) Dwyane Wade isn't going to leave Miami, and 4) money is NOT a major factor.

Now here are the options for LeBron: 1) stay in Cleveland and hope Bosh changes his mind about not wanting a sign-and-trade there, 2) go Chicago and play with Derrick Rose, Bosh, and Joakim Noah (who LeBron doesn't even like by the way), 3) go to New York and play with Bosh and Joe Johnson and a possibility of another big free agent next season when they dump Eddie Curry's contract, 4) go to New Jersey, which has the richest owner, and play with Bosh and some other players, or 5) go to Miami and play with Wade, Bosh, and a bunch of scraps. Tough decision.

Personally, though I'd LOVE to have LeBron and Bosh in Heat uniforms, I have a gut feeling that he's going to stay in Cleveland and convince Bosh to come with him. But that's just me.

If you don't agree with my take, check out the takes of Michael Wilbon, Tony Kornheiser, Dan LeBatard, and the one and only Bill Simmons tonight on ESPN at 7pm! Also, LeBatard and Simmons are going to be on the "5 Good Minutes" segment on PTI today so check that out too. I know I will.