June 10, 2010

This Week In Flops 6/8/10

Christina Aguilera - Bionic
I knew this was on the horizon, but I thought it was coming in the fall, or at least later on this summer. Oh well, its here now, and I must guess how much its gonna sell. I don't have much to say about the album, in part because I know almost nothing about it, but its Christina Aguilera so I think its gonna do at least 150,000. My guess is 150-185k.

Plies - Goon Affiliated
Welp, this fuckery is finally out. I don't have a good feeling about this album. No not because it most likely sucks, but because the buzz just isn't there. Plies' last album moved 114,000 in its first week, but I don't even think this one will crack six figures. I'm thinking it'll land somewhere in the 75-100k range.

Travis McCoy - Lazarus
I don't know shit about this nigga's solo career besides that his song is gonna jump into the top 10 this week, and that his album is dropping. Top 10 single + little buzz = not as many albums sold as you'd think. It'll probably fall in the 45-75k range.

Lil Jon - Crunk Rock
This album should've come out 5 years ago. Now, that is not all Lil Jon's fault, but crunk music is dead, so this album really has no space in today's market. Expect first week sales to be low. Very low. I'm talking 15-35k low. Hell, maybe worse.

Rhymefest - El Che
If you thought I knew nothing about the albums above, you've seen nothing yet, because I didn't even know this album existed until yesterday. Not a good sign for the man with one of the worse rap names in Hip-Hop history. I'm guessing 5-15k.