May 17, 2011

Blacks On Blacks: Racists, Unfunny, Or Both?


What kinda racist bullshit is this? And only a week after Fox News tried their darnest to paint Common as a criminal? This makes me sad for my daughter.

After years of listening to Adam Carolla, I'm probably one of the least racially sensitive people out there, but this shit is begging me to pull the race card. Do I think the guy is a racist? No, not at all (I'm sure he has plenty of black friends). I just think he's unfunny (on this parody at least, I've never heard any of his others), and his lack of comedic talent put himself in a bad position. Here's the big question: WHY is he rounding up blacks?? That's never answered in this anti-funny piece of shit. Is he a descendant of a slave owner whose slaves ran away that is now looking for revenge (not a bad movie idea actually lol)? Is he a Neo-Nazi who just got out of prison? Is he holding "I need a token black friend" auditions? Is he a 90's R&B white guy who's really into black chicks? Is he trying to start up a 5-on-5 full court? I have no idea because buddy never gives any reasoning as to why he's rounding up packs of niggas like Mel Gibson thought would rape his ex-wife.

The bottom line is this: it's racist because it's pointless and not funny. Had there been either a point or something funny said, the song would've been fine. BUT since there wasn't, dude just comes off looking like a racist lame. Great parodies generally have a hook, or at least some sort of angle, this had none (outside of the fact that "blacks" rhymes with "racks," of course). Poking fun of race can be funny, but only if executed properly. This song is actually less funny than Michael Richards being heckled by a black man. Russ Parr, get ya man.