May 02, 2011

Surprise! Derrick Rose Wins MVP

Chicago Bulls' Joakim Noah (13) and Derrick Rose (1) celebrate a late basket by Rose against the Milwaukee Bucks during the second  half of an NBA basketball game Saturday, March 26, 2011, in Milwaukee.
No one is surprised by D. Rose winning the MVP award the media awarded him as early as January, but I'm sure a lot are surprised that the Bulls just dropped game 1 of the 2nd round to the Hawks. Hell, I know I am. I stopped watching the game at the end of the 3rd quarter expecting the game to go the way of the Bulls' first round games, but nope. The Hawks hung in their tough and won by 8. I'm still stunned.

And to add insult to injury (or I guess in this case, injury to insult), Rose turned his ankle again at the end of the game. I guess the basketball gods weren't feeling him being anointed MVP.

SOURCE