February 28, 2009

Cowboys Trade CB Henry For QB Kitna; Sign LB Brookings

Today my Dallas Cowboys filled the gaping hole at back up quarterback by trading Anthony Henry to the Detroit Lions for Jon Kitna. This trade reunites Kitna with Roy E. Williams, with whom he had his best season as a pro. Interesting deal.

Back in December I listed Henry as the 8th most important Cowboy to get rid of going in to the new season (5 down, 5 to go) BUT I'm not sure I'm happy with this trade. I mean I like the whole Kitna/Williams thing, but I don't like the idea of trading a starter for a backup...and not just any backup, a backup that was most likely being released soon anyway. This also makes us thinner in our secondary so I hope Chris Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick are really ready for primetime this year. Just weird, but I'm definitely happy we have somebody putting pressure on Romo to perform and is a more than capable fill in...unlike Brad Johnson.

The Cowboys also signed former Atlanta Falcons LB Keith Brooking. I guess we can say peace out to Zach Thomas and any chance of the Boys bringing Ray Lewis in. I'm not mad at that! This is a great signing, go Jerry!

Oh yeah, thanks Tye ;-) lol.

SOURCE
SOURCE 2