February 27, 2009

Random News Shit: NFL Free Agency Edition Pt. II

1) Brian Dawkins signs with 2-Yr Deal with Broncos
I was completely SHOCKED when I heard this and now I wanna jump for joy! No more Dawkins in the backfield waiting to blow up my Cowboy receivers. O happy day! ...Then again, like I said earlier, we need safety help, so why didn't we go after him?? See, now I'm pissed again lol.

2) Kerry Collins Re-Signs With Titans
Too bad for the Titans because I think that was a one year thing and that Kerry will probably go back to being terrible. I hope VY is sharpening up his passing skills lol.

3) Jets Set To Trade For Eagles CB Lito Sheppard
NFL.com blogger Adam Schefter is reporting that the New York Jets are ready to send 2 draft picks to Philly for the rights to Lito Sheppard. That's just more great news for the Cowboys because Lito is the only DB they had that could truly shut T.O. down. Thanks again Philly lol.

4) Redskins Release CB Shawn Springs

Another gift for my Dallas Cowboys! Maybe they are doing this as a present to Jerry Jones because his 20th anniversary as Cowboys owner just passed the other day lol. Springs is another one that gave us trouble so I'm happy to see him go...and wouldn't be mad if I saw him in a Cowboy uni!

5) Pats Trade LB Mike Vrabel To KC
Wasn't expecting this, but then I remembered Scott Pioli is now working for the Chiefs so it all makes sense. Same thing with Bart Scott going to the Jets to play for Rex Ryan. I get it. Sucks for Vrabel though lol.

Related:
Random News Shit: NFL Free Agency Edition!