February 27, 2009

Random News Shit: NFL Free Agency Edition!


Free agency is under way as of last night at 12:00 AM, so lets catch up with the dealings so far.

1) Nooo!: Albert Hanesworth, Redskins Agree On 7-Yr/$100M deal
Fuck! I mean its not like I wanted Hanesworth to come to Dallas (I'm pretty happy with Jay Ratliff), but I sure as hell didn't want the man on a team we play 2 times a season! Dammit!

2) Cowboys Release Brad Johnson
This isn't really a #2 story, but I needed a quick pick-me-up after the #1 story lol.

3) DeAngelo Hall, Redskins Agree On $54M Deal
Not as bad news as #1, but it surely isn't good. I'm actually still kinda mad we didn't even make a serious run at him when he got cut by the Raiders considering all the injuries we had in our secondary.

4) Fred Taylor Agrees To Join Patriots
Man, and I used to like Fred too...now I can't because he's a Patriot and I HATE the Patriots. I hate them probably even more than any team in the NFC East lol.

5) Ravens Lose Bart Scott To Jets
Wow, I didn't see this coming. I thought if anybody was leaving it would be Ray Lewis since he's the elder. Welp I think this is gonna leave B-More with enough cash to re-sign Ray if he wants to return. I'd love to have Ray in Dallas, but I don't know how he'd like coming off the bench because Bradie James is staying in the starting line-up no matter what.

6) Dolphins Sign S Gibril Wilson
What??? He was available and the Cowboys didn't even try to make a run at him???? We need a new SS seeing that Roy Williams is probably on his way out, and even if he wasn't, I'm sure Gibril would still be a better alternative. Come on Jerry, its time to get active!

7) Texans trade Rosenfels to Vikings
The Vikings had to do something because that kid Jackson was nothing short of TERRIBLE in that wildcard loss to the Eagles.

8) Giants, Jacobs Agree On 4-Yr/$25M Extension
No surprise here, though I don't know how much football Jacobs is gonna have left in those bad knees. I say about 2 more good to decent years.

9) Bucs Release 5 Veterans
I know this happened the other day, but the Bucs have released basically everybody on their roster that we knew besides Tiki Barber's bother lol. Warrick Dunn, Derrick Brooks, Cato June, Joey Galloway, and Ike Hilliard were all shown the door.