April 28, 2011

Cam Newton Goes #1 & Other NFL Draft Ish

NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 28:  NFL COmmissioner Roger Goodell poses for a photo with Carolina Panthers #1 overall pick Cam Newton from Auburn during the 2011 NFL Draft at Radio City Music Hall on April 28, 2011 in New York City.
Hide ya hoes, hide ya wives Carolina, Cam Newton is coming to town! And that especially going out to you brothas out there with white girls because there's something about Cam that just screams "I love white women!" It's all good, gotta get it how you live.

As far as the football side of things go, I think it was a good pick. You need a quarterback and butts in seats and that's exactly what Cam brings. I think he'll be find as long as they don't try to change him too much and just let him play his game.

Before we talk about everybody else, lets talk about the Cowboys pick of Tyron Smith. I'm happy with it. Yes, I was hoping Patrick Peterson would continue to fall to my 'Boys (FUCK the Cardinals!), and yes, we already have a left tackle, but regardless of who plays right or left, I'm glad we addressed our needs this year. I love the guys on our O-line, but they're getting up there age wise.

Tomorrow we have the 8th pick of the 2nd round (or the 40th overall) and I'm hoping for UM's CB Brandon Harris. Of course since I just said that, he'll be off the board first, but that's who I have my sights set on next.

Anyway, the biggest surprised of the draft (to me) was obviously Nick Fairley falling all the way down to 13th. This is a guy people were talking about going #1 overall back in February, that's insane. And now he's teamed up with Ndamukong Suh in Detroit? Man, it's about to be a problem! The biggest surprise to everyone else was the Titans taking Jake Locker at #7. I didn't see it coming either, but damn, Nick Fairley was the 13th overall pick! That's crazy.

The biggest steal of the draft was EASILY Mark Ingram at #28 by the Saints. The best running back in the draft by didn't go until 28 overall. That's just weird, but it was a damn good move by the Saints. That should pay off for them immediately.

The last thing I wanted to speak about was Julio Jones. Atlanta traded up to get Julio with the 6th pick, but fuck all that, did you see this nigga's hair? Buddy had a ghetto mullet, fade in the front, dreads in the back. I never seen that shit in my life! I'm seriously considering throwing him in the 2011 L.A.M.E. Awards for "Lamest Hair (Male)." That seems very necessary right now. More on that at a later date.

(Draft side note: I'm so happy everybody booed the fuck out of Roger Goodell at the beginning, that was fucking AWESOME! I hope that was a really real realization that he and the owners loss and that they need to take that L and move on.)