June 30, 2011

MSNBC Suspends Mark Halperin For Calling Obama A Dick


I don't know who Mark Halperin is, I don't know if he's a Republican or Democrat, I don't know anything about him. All I know is that he shouldn't be suspended for calling Pres. Obama a dick. Now, you already know I'm a huge Obama supporter, but really, is this a big deal? I could see he called him a "N-word," or even worse, an "ol' fuck ass N-word," but he didn't. He called him a dick. Big deal.

And really, it happened on "Morning Joe," who exactly did he offend with his statement? You think kids are tuning into "Morning Joe" now that they're out of school? (I doubt it, but even if they were, I think "dick" is about the tamest thing you could hear out of a kid's mouth these days.) Actually, the majority of us (definitely including myself) wouldn't have even known it happened if he wasn't suspended. Besides, isn't it somebody's job to have the bleep button ready? If this were the BET Awards, this whole sentence would've been bleeped just 'cause.

Then again, MSNBC once upon a time suspended their most popular personality, Keith Olbermann, for well, being Keith Olbermann. It's too bad Mark doesn't work for Fox News because he'd definitely be in line for a promotion.

SOURCE