June 24, 2011

Random News Shit: All Over The Place Edition

LOS ANGELES, CA - DECEMBER 8:  Ron Artest #15 of the Los Angeles Lakers during pregame introductions for the game with the Los Angeles Clippers at Staples Center on December 8, 2010 in Los Angeles, California.
1) Ron Artest Changing His Name To Metta World Peace
Go ahead and toss this in the "Proof Ron Artest is insane" bucket. Metta World Peace? I... I... I just don't know anymore.

(Side note: It'd be hilarious if Ron Ar...ugh, Metta World Peace's jersey skyrocketed to the top of the NBA Store sales list.)

2) Missy Elliott Diagnosed With Graves Disease
I probably should've did some research, but I have no idea what Graves Disease is, but it has "disease" in it thus it can't be a good thing. Missy is one of the all-time great female artists, so I hope she gets better and gets back to making hits eventually.

3) The 5th Season Will Be The Last For Jersey Shore
The 4th season in Italy is in the can and filming on the 5th season starts Monday back on the Shore, but that will be the end of the road. There supposed to be replacing folks and frankly, it's probably for the best. Actually, I'm not sure why they're waiting for the end of the 5th season to find new people, this 4th season should probably be their last. Don't get me wrong, I love Pauly D and Snooki and the whole gang, but it's time for something new. Plus, MTV is just making it harder on the next cast if they keep on with this current cast that everybody already loves.

4) Buju Banton Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison
Damn. I don't even know what else to say, just damn.

5) Chris Brown Apologizes For Gay Slur
I don't like Chris Brown, you all know this, but I have to come to Young Ike's defense here and call this bullshit. I know gay people are sensitive, but give me a fucking break. Why does everyone have to be labeled homophobic anytime they say the word gay? Do gays really think this is helping their cause? They can't, right? I mean, I'm cool with people choosing to be gay, and I think we should let them go get married and all that, but every time one of these stories pops up (which is every few days) it makes me less interested in helping their causes. Saying gay is nothing like saying nigger, but gays constantly playing the "Gay Card" is vastly becoming as annoying as blacks constantly playing the Race Card. Just give it a rest and let people live.