June 06, 2011

Random News Shit: NBA Headlines Edition

Dallas Mavericks Dirk Nowitzki of Germany answers a question during a news conference for the NBA Finals basketball series against the Miami Heat in Dallas, Texas June 6, 2011.
1) Dirk Nowitzki Calls Out Jason Terry
In all honestly, this really isn't a big deal, but for the simple fact that if LeBron had said this ESPN would've interrupted whatever it was showing to do a special report, I'm posting it. Here's the quote: "They keep sticking him [LeBron] on Jet in the fourth quarters and he's been doing a good job... Jet hasn't really been a crunch-time, clutch player for us the way we need him to."

Snap!

2) DeShawn Stevenson Calls LeBron & Wade "Actors"
This nigga REALLY almost got the STFU Award, but then I remembered it was just DeShawn Stevenson. And if anybody would know who was acting out there, it'd be DeShawn because he has great front row seats after his struggle minutes in the first quarters of games. Of course, if I was on a team shooting jump shots and getting to the foul line nearly double as many times as my opponents that's constantly driving to the basket, I'd shut the fuck up. But then again, I wouldn't have gotten a $5 bill tattooed across my throat, so what do I know?

3) Mark Jackson To Coach The Warriors
Good for Mark, but I sure will miss the Breen-Jackson-Van Gundy 3-man booth ABC and ESPN deployed for big games.

Welp, look on the bright side, if the Warriors continue playing like the Warriors we'll have the band back together in no time.