June 01, 2011

Shaq Retires

Boston Celtics center Shaquille O'Neal waits on the court while his teammates are introduced for their NBA basketball game against the Philadelphia 76ers in Boston, Massachusetts December 22, 2010.
Shaq tweeted this video earlier today and just like that his career is over. I don't keep stats of this, but he's the first pro athlete to retire via Twitter, right? Damn, things done changed.

Anyway, I'm glad Shaq finally called it quits because 1) it was terrible seeing him struggle to get up and down the court and 2) it was fucking weird that he was the oldest player in the league. I was 7 when Shaq came into the league, now I'm 26! That's insane to me.

Whatever, thanks for helping bring that first title to South Florida, you will be missed (until you find a way to get back on our TV screens again a la Charles Barkley).

SOURCE