October 24, 2008

NFL Winners & Losers: Week 8

As much as it PAINS me to do this, I'm gonna have to go with the Bucs. I'll be rooting for the 'Boys, but if I had to put money on it I wouldn't put it on the team playing without their best player. Bucs winners, Cowboys losers.

Rams (2-4) @ Patriots (4-2)
Everyone has been making a big deal out of the coaching change in St. Louis and the 2 straight wins, but honestly the Rams aren't anything special. If Matt Cassel can play a steady game and get Moss involved like he did Monday, the Pats should be able to win easily. Pats winners, Rams losers.

Bills (5-1) @ Dolphins (2-4)
Here's the upset special of the week. After a 2 game winning streak the Dolphins just had a 2 game losing streak, but I think they can get back on the winning side of things playing a fierce division rival. Dolphins winners, Bills losers.

Chargers (3-4) @ Saints (3-4)
I hate these overseas games, this shit is fuckin' retarded! Its totally unfair for the Saints to lose a home game and equally unfair for the Chargers to have to go from playing in Buffalo last week to playing in London this week and all because the NFL is being greedy and wants to expand. Its bullshit.

Anyway, they're gonna play the game regardless and somebody has to win. Reggie Bush isn't gonna be there this week and that is worrying me away from the Saints. Chargers winners, Saints loser.

Chiefs (1-5) @ Jets (3-3)
This game isn't a given for the Jets. I mean, just last week they lost to the Raiders! I say they go back to the old New York Titans uniforms and get their 4th win...and it doesn't hurt that the Chiefs will be without suspended RB Larry Johnson. Jets winners, Chiefs losers.

Falcons (4-2) @ Eagles (3-3)
Battle of the birds! lol. This should be a good one, Matt Ryan is playing great and Donovan is finally getting Kevin Curtis back. This is a real toss up. My gut is telling me to pick the Falcons, but my mind is saying pick to Eagles so I'm gonna say... : Eagles winners, Falcons losers.

Cardinals (4-2) @ Panthers (5-2)
I don't remember the exact record, but I believe its 0-9 this season for West coast teams going East and playing the early game. Sounds like a trap for the Cardinals. Panthers winners, Cardinals losers.

Raiders (2-4) @ Ravens (3-3)
Raiders got a lucky 2nd chance last week against the New York Bretts, but there will be no room for luck when you're getting punched in the mouth by that B-More defense. Ravens winners, Raiders losers.

Redskins (5-2) @ Lions (0-6)
I don't care if the Rams got their 1st win off the 'Skins, the Lions aren't beating anybody. Redskins winners, Lions losers (as usual).

Bengals (0-7) @ Texans (2-4)
Carson Palmer is likely out for the rest of the season and the Bengals are likely to match the Lions at 0-16. Texans winners, Bengals losers.

Browns (2-4) @ Jaguars (3-3)
The Browns went back to being the '08 Browns last week and I think that's where they remain for the rest of the season. We'll probably see that punk ass McCain supporting nigga Brady Quinn some time this season. Whatever the case, they aren't beating the Jags at home. Jaguars winners, Browns losers.

Giants (5-1) @ Steelers (5-1)
This is CLEARLY the game of the week right here. Two 5-1's fighting it out for supremacy. Now, I don't think this will be a Super Bowl preview like some have said (just like I didn't think it was when the Cowboys and Pats played last year). Anyway, the Giants have played the J.V. portion of their schedule already and are going to have to up their game to beat the Steelers whom have been playing tough games from the start. Even without Santonio Holmes I think the Steelers have this. Steelers winners, Giants losers.

Seahawks (1-5) @ 49ers (2-5)
Wow, who wants to see this game?? They should just cancel the shit and do a Madden simulation to decide a winner lol. I think I'm gonna go with new head coach Mike Singletary in this one. After the win, I can't wait to hear all the "experts" talking about how he's turned around the 49ers' season even though they only beat the Seahawks lol. Niners winners, Seahawks losers.

Colts (3-3) @ Titans (6-0)
This is my 2nd upset special. I know we expect the 6-0 Titans to handle the 3-3 Colts, but then again didn't we expect the 4-0 Giants to handle the 1-3 Browns on MNF a couple weeks ago?? Weird things have been happening on MNF this season (Browns whupping the Giants, Matt Cassel looking like Tom Brady, etc.) and add in the fact that these are 2 division rivals and you never know what's gonna happen. But the last time the Colts saw a great defense, they hung 31 on them in week 6. Colts winners, Titans losers.

Last Week Record: 8-6 (.571)
Overall Record: 24-17 (.585)

0 comments: