October 31, 2008

NFL Winners & Losers: Week 9

I decided instead of going by the times the games start, I'll now go from the most interesting game to the least.

1) Cowboys (5-3) @ Giants (6-1)
Nobody is even giving us a chance against the Giants without Romo and all the others out with injuries. The sad part is that I completely understand lol. I wish I could say these are the situations in which my team truly thrives...but its not.

Now, before I formally sell my soul by endorsing the Giants, I must say I almost reconsider my pick after reading this article on DallasCowboys.com about back-up QB Steve Beuerlein leading the '91 Cowboys to a 25-13 win over the Eagles despite having for a Brad Johnson-esque 9-31, 145 yards day. I mean I was really moved by the story (and the Madden 09 simulation that had us winning 28-24 lol) ...then I came back to my senses and realized that the team leading the league in sacks getting to target the Statue of Liberty himself, Brad Johnson (or Bad Johnson as Skip Bayless would say lol), was a recipe for disaster. Giants winners, my poor Cowboys losers.

2) Steelers (5-2) @ Redskins (5-2)
A show down in D.C. on the day before we elect a new president. Hmm, somebody at the league off must've been doing their homework lol. Anyway, the Steelers know they should've won that game last week against the Giants (damn, long snapper getting hurt and shit). The Redskins know they should've lost that game last week against the Lions. This is all making up to be a great match up and though the Steelers are 0-2 against the NFC East and 5-0 against everybody else, I still think they're gonna find a way to not lose. Steelers winners, 'Skins losers.

3) Packers (4-3) @ Titans (7-0)
Upset special, upset special! I don't know why, but I just am not sold on the Titans. I mean they're good, but I don't think they're undefeated good. Either way I'm taking the Packers and mainly because Aaron Rodgers got that extension today. That may seem like a non-factor, but the game after Tony Romo got his new deal last season he threw for 324 yards and 3 TDs while completing 80% of his passes (20/25). Again, it could be a non-factor, but those deals were very similar (Romo's deal, Rodgers' deal). Packers winners, Titans first time losers.

4) Patriots (5-2) @ Colts (3-4)
I know its been said like 50 million times today, but remember when this was a marquee match up?? We all should since it was just last year lol. Well now we have the struggling Colts and the Matt Cassel-led Pats. Those struggling Colts are about to get a little better this week because Bob Sanders and Joseph Addai are coming back Sunday. Now Addai hasn't been about shit this whole season, but Bob Sanders is always a great addition to that defense. Colts winners, Pats losers.

5) Ravens (4-3) @ Browns (3-4)
You never know what you're gonna get out of the Browns this season. One gay they're decent, the next they're horrid, the next they're awesome. You just don't know. Either way, unless Kellen Winslow is out again this week I'm gonna go with the Ravens. I say that because when he was out they beat the Giants and the Jags and when he's playing they've only beaten the Bengals. All signs are pointing to him playing so I can't go with them this week. Ravens winners, Brownies losers.

6) Dolphins (3-4) @ Broncos (4-3)
The Broncos started out 4-1, but are 0-2 since then and unless I know Cutler's finger is healthy I'm going with the Dolphins. Dolphins winners, Broncos losers.

7) Jets (4-3) @ Bills (5-2)
Generally Brett Favre destroys teams coming off a terrible game like he had last week, but I'm just not feeling the Jets right now. Especially after that showing last week against the Chiefs. Bills winners, Jets losers.

8) Texans (3-4) @ Vikings (3-4)
I don't have much faith in either of these teams to be honest with you. The Vikings are sorely underachieving and should still be kissing Gramatica's sack for gift wrapping them their week 5 win against the Saints. Then on top of that, their 3rd win came off the strength of the Lions' suckiness lol. The Texans lost their first 4 games, but have won their last 3. Sounds good, right?? Well consider their last 3 opponents have a combined record of 3-19! All three of those wins come from one team too (the Dolphins).

But after all the dissection, I have to pick somebody. The thing both clubs have in common is heartbreaking loses to the Colts. The Texans came closer to winning so I'm gonna go with them (plus they looked less pathetic against the Lions lol). Texans winners, Vikes losers.

9) Cardinals (4-3) @ Rams (2-5)
Oh no, here are those Jim Haslett again. Beware! lol. Yeah right, the Cards will destroy them. Cards winners, Rams losers.

10) Eagles (4-3) @ Seahawks (2-5)
Man, I wish the Seahawks didn't suck balls because the last thing I need is the Eagles winning games! Unfortunately this one shouldn't be pretty so...Eagles winners, 'Hawks losers.

11) Jaguars (3-4) @ Bengals (0-8)
The Bengals are pathetic and completely lost without Carson Palmer. If not for Chad Ocho Cinco, I'd put this game at #14. Welp, 0-9 they shall be. Jags winners, Bengals losers.

12) Buccaneers (5-3) @ Chiefs (1-6)
The Bucs lost in extremely disappointing fashion to my beat up Cowboys last week and I think they're gonna take it out of the Chiefs. Bucs winners, Chiefs losers.

13) Falcons (4-3) @ Raiders (2-5)
Who want to see this?? The Raiders are a lost cause and they will continue to be as long as Al Davis is around. Falcons winners, Raiders losers.

14) Lions (0-7) @ Bears (4-3)
This is the game I'd least want to see this week. Its more so about the Lions being terrible than them playing the Bears. Bears winners, Lions themselves...I mean losers lol.

Last Week Record: 9-5 (.643)
Overall Record: 33-22 (.600)

0 comments: