November 22, 2008

NFL Winners & Losers: Week 12

1) Jets (7-3) @ Titans (10-0)
Even if the Jets can get out to a big lead, they showed like week against the Pats that they can't sustain one. That's not great news for them. It is great news for us though because we get to see the 11-0 Titans and 0-11 Lions play on Thanksgiving! Awesome. lol. Titans winners, Jets losers.

2) Giants (9-1) @ Cardinals (6-4)
Lets see how Kurt Warner and the boys fare against that Big Blue defense! Who am I kidding?? Warner will throw for at least 390...but unfortunately they'll still lose. Giants winners, Cards losers.

3) Patriots (6-4) @ Dolphins (6-4)
The winner of this game will go in a first place tie with the Jets for #1 in the AFC East so the stakes are high. Earlier in the season the Dolphins embarrassed the Pats at home with the Wildcat formation and a stiff defense, but I'm thinking this time around might be different. Matt Cassel seems to be coming into his own and the Dolphins have been less than impressive in their last 2 wins against the 2-8 Seahawks and Raiders (both home games & won by other 2 points each). The Fins luck runs out one week, but they still have a soft schedule so they will remain right in the thick of things. Patriots winners, Dolphins winners.

4) Panthers (8-2) @ Falcons (6-4)
Last week I finally decided to fuck with the Falcons and they fucked me again. Long and hard. Sandpaper condom and all! Okay, this is getting gross lol.

Anyway, in this fight for a wild card playoff berth I'm gonna be rooting against the Falcons to help out my Cowboys. With that being said, I'm going with ATL shawdy! Fingers crossed that my magical jinxing ability from last week returns for an encore performance. Falcons winners, Panthers losers.

5) 49ers (3-7) @ Cowboys (6-4)
Felix Jones is out for the year, Miles Austin is out 2-4 weeks, T-New is questionable, and T.O. has the flu. Thank goodness we're playing San Fran this week! I'm not overlooking this team at all because they have come up big the last 2 weeks, but have you look at your December schedule?? At Steelers, Giants, Ravens, at Eagles. We need this game and the Thanksgiving game against the Seahawks to get as healthy as possible for that final push. It won't be easy, but I think we can take the Niners. Cowboys winners, 49ers losers.

6) Packers (5-5) @ Saints (5-5)
Finally, a MNF game worth watching! The last 2 (SF @ ARI and CLE @ BUF) had me wondering what was going on in the NFL's scheduling department.

Anyway, 2 of the most up-and-down teams are meeting Monday in the Superdome. The Saints amazingly haven't played there since October 12th when they beat the Raiders 34-3. That's crazy! How does that happen?? At this the Saints don't know the meaning of "home field advantage." Sad. Packers winners, Saints losers.

7) Colts (6-4) @ Chargers (4-6)
Two teams seemingly going in two different directions. The Chargers are going nowhere fast and the Colts seem to be putting it all together after a rough start. With that said, some one tell me why I'm hesitate to pick Indy?? It probably has something to do with Peyton and the boys goin 0-2 against the Chargers last season. Oh well, fuck it! I can't pick San Deigo here while I'm still in my right mind. Colts winners, Bolts losers.

8) Eagles (5-4-1) @ Ravens (6-4)
Last time the Ravens got beat up on like they did last week was in week 6 when they lost 31-3 to Indy. The following week they came out and beat up on their next opponent 27-13. That isn't a good sign for the seemingly lost Eagles...which in turn a good sign for my once lost Cowboys. Go Ravens! Ravens winners, Eagles losers.

9) Vikings (5-5) @ Jaguars (4-6)
The Vikings are a bitch! They're another team like the Falcons because it seems like however I pick, they do the opposite. Its weird. Well hopefully those 2 teams don't play each other for my sake. Oh, wait, they do?? Week 16 in Minnesota?? Fuck! Vikings winners, Jags lookers.

10) Redskins (6-4) @ Seahawks (2-8)
Here's another team I'd love to see lose. Plus, if the Seahawks are gonna beat another team before the end of the year, I would want it to be the Redskins oppose to my Cowboys on Thanksgiving. Thing are certainly stacked against the Skins here too for all the obvious reasons like Zorn playing there and coaching there under Holmgren. I'm not gonna be fooled they because the Seahawks aren't gonna win this game. Redskins winners, Seahawks losers.

11) Bengals (1-8-1) @ Steelers (7-3)
One thing is for sure and that is there will be no tie in this game. No, not because it doesn't happen often (though it did almost happen earlier in the year when the Bucs/Bears played), but because if its a tie the Steelers will undoubtedly slap the Bengals in the face and take the win. Unlike the Eagles...to my delight lol. Anyway, the Bengals don't stand a chance because the Steelers are tailor made for games at this time in the season. Steelers winners, Bengals losers.

12) Texans (3-7) @ Browns (4-6)
Last week's win against the Bills should give the Browns momentum, right?? Wrong! Brady Quinn broke his index finger in that game and if he plays he's just gonna end up hurting the team. Texans winners, Browns losers.

13) Raiders (2-8) @ Broncos (6-4)
This is probably the highest you'll see a Raiders game ranked for the rest of this season. The only reason it made it to #13 this week was because I want to see if Jay Cutler can break the NFL record for passing yards in a game. He got to 299 in week one without Brandon Marshall so maybe he can double that this week. Broncos winners, Raiders losers.

14) Buccaneers (7-3) @ Lions (0-10)
I told you I'm pushing for 0-11 vs. 11-0 on Thanksgiving. Bucs, don't fuck that up for me. Bucs winners, Lions losers.

15) Bears (5-5) @ Rams (2-8)
Jim Haslett sure does have these Rams playing at a high level. I think I'm gonna start a Jim Haslett for Coach of the Year website. What do you think?? Bears winners, Rams losers.

16) Bills (5-5) @ Chiefs (1-9)
This game promised to be dreadful. Its the battle of the losing streaks! The Bills have lost 4 in a row while the Chiefs have lost 6 in a row (not including a bye week in which they probably also would've lost if they played). Hell, at least the Chiefs have been keeping it close in the past few weeks, I just don't know what happened to the Bills. They are looking rather vulnerable here, but I just can't take KC. Bills winners, Chiefs losers.

Last Week Record: 10-5 (.667)
Overall Record: 64-34 (.653)
I still don't know what I should get for that Eagles/Bengals tie so I just didn't count it lol.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO..im sorry you had a bad experience with the sandpaper...lol

Anonymous said...

dammit dammit dammit !

If The Falcons Loose Man.. l0l

Anonymous said...

YEAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Falcons = [7-4]

Good Pick This week Fiyah!