November 18, 2008

This Week In Flops 11/18/08

We are officially in the holiday season now (you can tell by the long list of albums dropping today lol). Its a 3 person race for #1 on next week's SoundScan and Billboard 200 between Beyonce, David Cook, and Nickleback (I got my money on Beyonce). With those big 3 taking up the majority of the album sales, here are the flops that shall follow:

I still can't help, but feel bad for this nigga. Yeah he's on Def Jam, yeah he's co-signed by DJ Khaled, and yeah he's reppin' home team, but I just can't help it. Def Jam has put more money into this project on than LL's and Nas' on just features alone. You know what that means?? They want you to actually sell records...and he's not. With all the sales to be taken up by Beyonce, David Cook, and Nickleback, I got him doing around 15k-25k with a ceiling of 30k.

Hey, anybody going to get their Gutta album signed by Ace at Pines Mall?? Oh ok, I thought not lol. I heard the album was actually pretty good so this all is just too sad for me.

I don't know much about this chick besides that her single T-Shirt (which I've never heard) is #37 on the Billboard Hot 100 and she's from Barbados. That probably won't help her out much in the sales department so I'm gonna go 5k-10k.

I didn't even know he was seriously coming out with a solo project. If I didn't know, I'm guessing most of America doesn't know either so I'm going with less than 5k.

Did you know that in Lil Keke's looooong career, this is his first major label release?? Yep, true fact right there. Unfortunately for him he's probably gonna still do underground numbers and that isn't as impressive when Universal is writing the checks. Less than 5k.

Every year (or sometimes every few months) Pastor Troy comes out with another overlooked CD. He unfortunately missed his boat back in the late-90's, early 2000's and he still won't be able to get it right. Less than 2k.

1 comments:

Gallardo Bastardo said...

I think Shontelle's album is just gonna flop because it's called "Shontelligence". I mean, seriously, thats almost as bad as Jermaine Jackson naming his child "Jermajesty".