November 30, 2008

NFL Winners & Losers: Week 13

1) Giants (10-1) @ Redskins (7-4)
I try not to root for Big Blue, but I'm gonna have to Sunday. Its clear we probably aren't gonna catch them for the division lead BUT the more games the Redskins lose, the better it is for my Boys' playoff chances. With that being said, go Giants! Giants winners, Redskins losers.

2) Steelers (8-3) @ Patriots (7-4)
Look at Matt Cassel trying to be a baller! Back to back 400 yard games and he's just helping out my theory last year that any QB would succeed in New England's system. Anyway, it wouldn't matter who is under center Sunday because nobody is gonna be throwing for 400 yards on Pittsburgh's defense. Plus, there's no Anthony Smith to guarantee victory this year and fuck shit up for everybody. Steelers winners, Pats losers.

3) Seahawks (2-8) @ Cowboys (7-4)
This past Sunday Matt Hasslebeck threw for 103 yards with 2 INTs and his Seahawks only lost to the Redskins by 3. Trust me when I tell you this, if he does that against the Cowboys Thursday this game won't even be almost close. Hell, Shaun Hill threw for 300 yards and that game wouldn't have been anywhere near close if they wouldn't have got those 2 touchdowns in garbage time. Whatever, I just can't see myself picking the Seahawks to beat anybody else on their schedule besides the Rams. Cowboys winner, Seahawks losers.

4) Panthers (8-3) @ Packers (5-6)
What happened to the Panthers?? A few weeks ago they were the 2nd best team in the NFC, but after a few duds against the Raiders, Lions, and Falcons they seem to be headed in the wrong direction. Things don't seem to be getting any better for them either because their last 5 games are all against teams trying to make the playoffs. This all puts a smile on my face lol. The Packers will prove to be too much for this hapless Panthers team. Packers winners, Panthers losers.

5) Saints (6-5) @ Buccaneers (8-3)
Even with their huge 51-29 win over the Packers Monday, the Saints playoffs hopes still look dim. They could help their cause out drastically by beating a divisional foe this Sunday in Tamp Bay. That would take them to 7-5 and drop the Bucs to 8-4. Then if the Panthers and Falcons both lose they'll be 8-4 and 7-5 respectfully and the Saints are right back in this thing. It all starts with a win in Tampa though. Saints winners, Bucs losers.

6) Falcons (7-4) @ Chargers (4-7)
I don't even know which way to go with Atlanta right now, all I know is that I need them to lose. The Chargers showed signs last week against the Colts, but ultimately ended up being bested. I think they turn it around this week for once. Though Matt Ryan and the Falcons have fucked me repeatedly, I'm still going Chargers winners, Falcons losers.

7) Broncos (6-5) @ Jets (8-3)

The Broncos are a sad, sad case of wasted potential. I don't see how they even stand a chance in this game (though both organizations should be looked down upon for losing to the Raiders lol). Jets winners, Broncos losers.

8) Bears (6-5) @ Vikings (6-5)
Here's the Sunday night game. These inter-divisional match-ups are usually the best, most unpredictable games and I love it. Stakes are high too, because with a Green Bay loss last Monday, these 2 teams are now tied for first place in the NFC North. The winner will take sole position of that lead and the other would be behind the 8-ball.

Though the Vikings have no QB, they'll be at home in the dome and Peterson should really be able to let loose and run wild. In the Vikings last 2 home games, A.P. rushed for 331 yards so I'm going with the home field advantage. Vikes winners, Bears losers.

9) Cardinals (7-4) @ Eagles (5-5-1)
The Eagles are done, they'll get blown out Thursday night. Cardinals winners, Eagles losers.

(Man, did I ever have this one wrong?? lol. If I took my time to look at this game I probably would've picked the Eagles because the Cardinals are shit in real weather.)

10) Colts (7-4) @ Browns (4-7)
The Colts seem to have hit their stride and I just don't see the Browns being able to do anything about that even with Derek Anderson back under center this week. Colts winners, Browns losers.

11) 49ers (3-8) @ Bills (6-5)
Are the Bills back?? They put up 54 on KC last Sunday (which actually isn't saying much), but can they fly over the Niners' defense like the Cowboys did?? I say they do and start making things even more interesting in the AFC East. Plus, the Bills haven't had much trouble with the lighter teams on their schedule like the Seahawks, Rams, Raiders, and obviously KC. Bills winners, 49ers losers.

12) Jaguars (4-7) @ Texans (4-7)
I'm sure this game looked awfully intriguing when they scheduled it for MNF in the offseason, but now it looks to be a stinker. Two of the league's biggest underachiever square off in Reliant Stadium Sunday and somebody has to win. Normally I would go with the Jags, but I think that loss against the Titans was just demoralizing and they're done. Texans winners, Jags losers.

13) Ravens (7-4) @ Bengals (1-9-1)
Seriously?? Ravens winners, Bengals losers.

14) Dolphins (6-5) @ Rams (2-9)
I'll just put it like this: The Rams are starting Mr. Irrelevant, David Vobora, at MLB. Nuff said. Dolphins winners, Rams losers.

15) Chiefs (1-10) @ Raiders (4-7)
Ooh, this should be a good one! lol. Chiefs winners, Raiders losers.

16) Titans (10-1) @ Lions (0-11)
Can we start a petition or something to get the Lions off of Thanksgiving?? This shit is ridiculous and they constantly ruin everyone's day until the Cowboys play. Titans winners, Lions themselves...aka losers.

Last Week Record: 13-3 (.813)
Overall Record: 77-37 (.675)
So Far This Week: 2-1 (.667)

3 comments:

DNelTheMC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DNelTheMC said...

Shitt boyy, Giants went in yesterday. Eli was on his shit, so was Earth, Wind, and Fire. 11-1 for the first time in the franchise, large improvement. We just might be able to go to the Super Bowl again.

(my fault with the double post n shit)

Fiyah said...

Yeah I'm glad you guys handled business because the more the Redskins lose, the better for us lol.

Anyway, I'm pissed because I'm only 9-6 with my picks this week lol.