April 29, 2010

Eminem - Not Afraid (Prod. by Boi-1da)

Eminem's Not Afraid
Alright, alright, its finally here! I don't even NEED to tell you what to do now!


Bravo, bravo! My man from Interscope was definitely right, Eminem KILLED this shit! Every verse was dope, but the 2nd one stood out the most. Em actually admits that Relapse was that great and that he overused that accent everybody hated on it. Wait a minute, a rapper admitting they fucked up musically?? That's really unheard of. I mean, do you think Kanye will at admit he fucked up with 808s & Heartbreak?? No chance. How about Lil Wayne with Rebirth?? Nope! So Em doing that was kind of a first step for Hip-Hop in a way.

Anyway, back to the record. The Boi-1da beat was nothing special. It fit the track, but I wasn't blown away by it by any means. The last minor fault I have with the track is the hook. Emphasis on "minor."Again, it fits the song as well, but it wasn't that great to me. It doesn't hurt the track at all though, so its all good.

Recovery in stores June 22nd!

Related:
Eminem's Not Afraid Coming At 10AM!
Eminem - Despicable Freestyle
Eminem's Single Not Afraid Premieres This Friday!