April 14, 2010

Random News Shit: New Albums Edition

Eminem
1) Eminem Trashes Relapse 2, Introduces Recovery
I think everyone lost their collective shit when Eminem tweeted that there was no Relapse 2 early this morning. Luckily, that tweet was followed by news that his new album would be entitled Recovery and be coming out June 22nd. Needless to say cheers and jeers ensued.

You know I'm super excited for this album no matter what it was called. I wouldn't give a shit if it was gonna be called "Fuck FiyahMuZik.com Vol. 1" or "The Kevin Ain't Shit LP," as long as Eminem is gonna be rapping on it, I'm all over it. And this probably does make more sense though because I honestly didn't see how Just Blaze's production was gonna fit on an album that was anything like Relapse.

Diddy's Dirty Money album Last Train To Paris is supposed to be dropping on that same day so look for that to either be pushed up or pushed back.

2) Kanye West's New Album Coming This June, Premo Says Its Strictly Hard Beats & Rhyme
Okay, there is no way Eminem, Diddy, The Game, Drake, AND Kanye West are all dropping albums in June. Its just not gonna happen, so something's gotta give. My guess is that this album goes back to July or August, Drake goes back to no release date status, and Diddy pushes his back a few weeks. But that's just my uneducated opinion so who's to know??

Whatever, the part I'm more concerned with his what DJ Premier had to say. Kanye's new album is gonna be "strictly hard beats and rhyme[s]" and he's "totally done with electro"?? Is this a dream?? Is one of my favorite artists really returning to what made him famous in the first place?? A man can only hope this is true. I'll keep my fingers crossed tightly just in case.

3) Cee-Lo Working On New Album Entitled Lady Killer
I can't lie, I'd actually prefer another Gnarls Barkley release. Yes, the unthinkable has happened and I'm into Cee-Lo Green the singer more than I am Cee-Lo Green the rapper now, though he's great at both. Lets let that statement breathe for a second.

Okay, so yeah, I'll take this new solo album whole-heartedly, but I'm still gonna be clinging to hope that another Gnarls album is in the works.

Anyway, Lady Killer is supposed to drop some time later this year, but if he keeps up with what he's Dungeon Family brothers Big Boi and Andre 3000 are doing, we may not get it for another 2 to 3 years.

(Side note: Have you ever seen the movie "The Ladykillers" with Tom Hanks and Marlon Wayans?? Its actually a pretty good movie and had some funny ass parts. Check it out if you've never seen it.)