April 07, 2010

Pushed Back: The Story Of Drake


The only reason I'm even going to talk about this is because the video has a new track from Thank Me Later called Fireworks in it. So instead of talking about Drake's album getting pushed back again (the new "release date" is June 15th), lets talk about the ineptness of Cash Money as a record label.

Who in the FUCK is working up there?? Matter of fact, is anybody even working up there?? And I'm not asking if the employees are not doing shit or just goofing off, I'm asking are there even employees at Cash Money Records to not do the work?? When I think of Cash Money, I think of an empty building with tumbleweed rolling over the carpeted floors. Either that, or Birdman's empty head with tumbleweed rolling where a brain should be.

What else am I to think, there is NO excuse for Drake to not have an album out right now. They can't be waiting on the right time to drop it because the right time is any time. I'll bet you any kind of money that if Drake came out today and said he was dropping his album next Tuesday he'd still 300-400,000 first week. Hell, probably more. They can't be waiting on him to finish, he's been working on this since June 1st of LAST YEAR. I know the nigga is busy, but it should take no real artist that long to make an album.

I just don't get it. Who knows, maybe there's something there I'm not seeing, but if this damn album doesn't drop on June 15th, I'm going to officially lose hope of it ever being released.

SOURCE

Related:
Drake - Over (Prod. By Boi-1da)
Drake, I Hope You're Taking Notes
Drake Sabotages Own Career, Signs With Young Money