April 22, 2010

Dez Bryant Is A Dallas Cowboy!

Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant dons a new Dallas Cowboys cap  after being selected as the  24th overall pick by the Dallas Cowboys in the first round of  NFL Draft, Thursday, April 22, 2010 in DeSoto, Texas.
Never in a million years did I think WR Dez Bryant had a chance to slide down to #27. Tonight he didn't have to.

That's right, with the 24th overall pick the Dallas Cowboys bring in the best WR the 2010 NFL draft had to offer! You don't know how excited this makes me. Not only do we have another game breaking wide-out, but not we can get rid of the mistake that is Roy Williams.

Coming into the draft I wanted a safety because we are thin back there now that Ken Hamlin is an ex-Cowboy. I knew Eric Berry was going somewhere in the top 7, so I ruled him out. The guy I really wanted was UT's Earl Thomas, but I knew we'd have to trade up to get him. We didn't, and he went to the Seahawks at #14. I knew Taylor Mays would be there, but I didn't want him because I just have an odd feeling that he's gonna end up being Roy L. Williams 2.0 in Wade Phillips' defense. Then came the reality of Dez Bryant. You know what I thought when I saw he was still around going into the 20s?? It was the following: "Fuck safety, go get Dez Bryant, Jerry!" Then Jerry did just that, swamping picks with New England and getting the steal of the first round.

Now lets analyze the Cowboys WR corps. First and foremost, we have the baddest man in Valley Ranch, Miles Austin. After he him we have Patrick Crayton, Kevin Olgetree, Sam Hurd, and now Dez Bryant! Oh yeah and the Roy Williams guy too. Hell, now at least we can try to trade him or just cut him. I'd take as low as a 5th round pick for the guy, but I would aim for at least a 3rd.

I'm just so excited! Hey, and now Dez can go visit Deion Sanders whenever the fuck he wants without repercussion.

(Side note: Bill Simmons has yet to say anything publicly, but I know he is super pissed his Pats traded out of a chance to get Dez Bryant. Randy Moss is getting older and Wes Welker is coming off a torn ACL and MCL, they need bodies. Oh well!)

SOURCE