August 19, 2010

Random News Shit: Entertainment Edition



1) Chelsea Handler To Host 2010 VMAs
Well it's about time they picked a host, I was beginning to think they were just gonna go without one after consecutive bombs by Russell Brand. I'm not mad at the selection of Chelsea, she's quite funny, but with this little time to prepare (unless this has been planned for months and they're just announcing it now) I'm not sure she'll be able to top what Aziz Ansari did at the MTV Movie Awards.

I have a bigger issue with the VMAs though, because not only does it air the same day as the NFL kickoff, but it's gonna be on AT THE SAME TIME AS THE COWBOYS GAME! What the fuck MTV?? Now I have to make a decision: watch my Cowboys open up the season in primetime at Redskins Park or watch the VMAs??

This also happened to me in 2007 when the Cowboys opened up the against the Giants in primetime and the VMAs were live from Las Vegas. It's partly the NFL's fault for scheduling the Cowboys there as well, but the VMAs shouldn't be going up against NFL's big time opening day. What ever happened to having the VMAs on Thursdays?? Either way, I'm pissed because of course I wanna watch my 'Boys, but at the same time, I wanna watch the VMAs and make jokes on Twitter like on all the rest of the award shows. I don't know, we'll see how it goes, I guess.

2) Wyclef In Hiding After Receiving Death Threats
I never weighed in on this whole Wyclef/president of Haiti business, but the shocking part of this story, to me, is that Haiti's presidential election is in November. I was thinking their election was in 2011 or something. I was just talking about short notice with Chelsea Handler and the VMAs but shit! Clef JUST announced he was running a couple weeks ago, now he has to put his whole campaign and stuff together for an election in 3 months?? I know Haiti is far from the U.S., but damn.

I'm not saying Clef running is a good or bad thing, I'm just saying there should probably be a cut off date as to when someone can jump into a political race. Three months, son, three months! That's insane lol.

3) Shocker: Jay-Z Tops The Hip-Hop Cash Kings Again
Over the past 12 months, Forbes has estimated that Jay-Z has made a whopping $63 million. That's $33 million than #2, Diddy. And to make things even crazier, Beyonce made even more than Jay did! B brought in $87 million over the past year, making her the 3rd highest earning musicians overall. On that list, U2 ($130 million) is 1st and AC/DC ($114 million) is 2nd. Jay-Z is the only rapper on there, and he ranks 6th.

And exactly why does everybody want to be a rapper again??

4) Jersey Shore Introduces New Cast Member
Her name is Deena Nicole Cortese, and she'll be Angelina's replacement for "Jersey Shore" season 3. As you can see from the picture and video on MTV.com, she's not that hot, but then again, outside of Sammi, who is??

No word yet on what her Guido nickname is going to be.

5) Swizz Beatz Signs New Record Deal, Readies Album
Hopefully it's better than One Man Band Man.

6) Flo Rida Working On New Double Album
Clearly Flo Rida still hasn't gotten the memo that we don't even want one Flo Rida album, let alone two.