August 01, 2010

Today Is Lisa Simpson's Wedding Day!

Lisa's Wedding Day
That's right, today is Lisa's wedding! I was on Twitter this morning and my girl tweeted this pic above. See, in 1995 the 19th episode of season 6 of "The Simpsons" was entitled "Lisa's Wedding" and the Simpsons went to a carnival where a fortune teller predicted this very date for Lisa's wedding. Freaky, ain't it??

This is all well and great, but I wanna know who's been holding this picture and waiting for this date all this time?? I mean, that episode aired 15 years ago, did the person remember all this time, or did they just recently see a rerun?? Hell, even the fine folks behind "The Simpsons" forgot about it, if they hadn't, I'm sure they would've got FOX to air the episode tonight.

You know what?? Fuck, I'm getting old!