November 15, 2010

Donovan McNabb: $78 Million Man

LANDOVER, MD - OCTOBER 10:  Quarterback Donovan McNabb #5 of the Washington Redskins greets fans before playing against the Green Bay Packers at FedExField on October 10, 2010 in Landover, Maryland.
Mike Shanahan just called me and said he doesn't think Donovan is in good enough shape to count all that money and is sending in Rex Grossman to count the rest.

Seriously though, wow, $78 million for 5 more years?? I'm not saying Donovan doesn't deserve it, but this was random as fuck. I mean, I know they were talking about an extension, but I didn't know it was gonna be over 5 years or this lucrative.

Maybe the Shanahan era in Washington is coming to an end soon?? Dan Synder gave Jim Zorn a few seasons before he got canned, so I doubt it, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if he did fire him after the season. All Shanahan seems to do is pissed off Synder's highest paid players.

SOURCE