November 22, 2010

This Week In Flops 11/22/10

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Okay, so the album review is done, and now it's time for the Industry Prognosticator to get to picking some numbers.

Kanye's album should obviously coast to victory this week, but how high can these figures get?? Could My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy do a milli?? Taylor Swift just did it a few weeks ago, and Black Friday will inflate the first week numbers, so it's possible. Personally, I don't think that's gonna happen, but I do think he'll finish upwards of 500,000. My guess is MBDTF lands in the 600-700k range.

Pink Friday
Pink Friday...on Monday. Wow, I almost never thought this day would come, but here it is in all of its glory.

Here's a confession: The main reason I don't think Kanye West's MBDTF will top 1 million sold first week is because Pink Friday is gonna vulture some of his sales. I mean, there's a possibility people get both, but I still think there's a lot that's get one or the other.

Anyway, I have Nicki doing big number as well and falling in the 200-260k range.

H.F.M. 2
On this day, I feel most sorry for Lloyd Banks. From all accounts, his album is incredible, but he stands no chance going up against Kanye and Nicki.

Well hopefully he can get some residual sales and finish between 80-120k.

Libra Scale
If Ne-Yo is really trying to shake the whole gay thing, this album cover definitely isn't helping his cause. Libra Scale should've been pushed back for the sole purpose of making a new cover. That is unless Ne-Yo is actually trying to drop hits and come out of the closet. Judging by this cover, I'm not so sure that isn't the case.

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be too much excitement about this album, so I'll say 50-100k.

Trunk Muzik 0-60
Obviously Yelawolf's EP is gonna come in last on this monstrous day. Hell, if this was a whole album it still would've come in last. I don't know what the fine folks at Interscope were thinking, but this definitely isn't the best way to bring attention to your new guy. I'll say 5-20k.