July 25, 2008

The Game Feat. Lil Wayne - My Life

Okay, so here's the track causing all the controversy over whether Game diss Eminem or not. I'll let you listen first.

The Game Feat. Lil Wayne - My Life


I don't know if you caught it, but if not here's the controversial part:

"All the pictures of me and Em, I burned them/ So there ain't no proof I walked through 8 Mile/ And so since it ain't no Proof, I'll never walk through 8 Mile."

Yeah I guess I could see how that could be taken as a diss to Em and/or Proof, but check out Game's response:

"When I first got signed to Aftermath and G-Unit, I was exposed to so many different people — from Dre to Em to 50 to Proof. I always identified with Proof. We were always cool, and he would reach out to me whenever I was going through something. I remember when Proof died vividly, and now every time I think about going to Detroit, I get depressed. That is what I was trying to say in that verse. And the more I looked at it, I realized that people would take it the wrong way."
Believable enough I guess. Game also went on to say that he did change it so he could avoid this kinda bullshit and that this is not the version on the album or video (yes, for some reason he shot a video for it lol).

As far as what I thought about the track I thought it was just aight. With the tracks coming out I can tell this album probably won't top Doctor's Advocate, but it still might be pretty dope. L.A.X. still coming Aug. 26th.

SOURCE

0 comments: